free website stats program Dyna Just Dies | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Just Dies

On two occassions now in the past month, my 02 dyna's engine has just died while riding at about 40 mph. There was no rough running, backfiring, or any other other indication. I pulled the bike over and both times it started right back up with no indication of a problem. Any one have an idea of what might be causing this problem?

Thanks,
BD

happened to me turns out i forgot to shift down and i was in fourth gear while stopping the bike couldn't lug that much and just died

I had a BSA A7 500twin that used to do the same.never did figger that one,not much help,but at least you know you're not alone

On two occassions now in the past month, my 02 dyna's engine has just died while riding at about 40 mph. There was no rough running, backfiring, or any other other indication. I pulled the bike over and both times it started right back up with no indication of a problem. Any one have an idea of what might be causing this problem?

Thanks,
BD

Might check the device that is designed to shut off the engine in the event of an accident. It might be called a "bank angle indicator" but I didn't find in in the service manual's wiring diagram. I'm assuming our bikes have such a device, and it might be part of the turn signal self-canceling mechanism.

I purchased a Goldwing once that had such an indicator that was defective. It would shut down the engine from a bounce in driving over a tar snake. Honda fixed on a recall. But, my VTX kept running even after being hit and lying on its side on the highway so I know these things can be defective.

Just a suggestion. Let us know what you find out.

Silver

I had the same problem on an 05 Dyna, took it to the stealer and all it turned out to be was a bad battery cable.

Back