free website stats program Dyna History | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna History

Conolon Kid

Is there a book or site that will tell the differences between models? I like to know everything I can about my bikes. For example, I just picked up a '92 FXRS and would like to know the difference between it, and the FXR. I know on the first "S" it meant sport. Dual disc, air forks, and I don't know what else. I'm 99 1/2% sure this bike is an all original bike, but it don't have dual disc and it don't have an aire front end. The numbers say it's an "S".

Is there a book or site that will tell the differences between models? I like to know everything I can about my bikes. For example, I just picked up a '92 FXRS and would like to know the difference between it, and the FXR. I know on the first "S" it meant sport. Dual disc, air forks, and I don't know what else. I'm 99 1/2% sure this bike is an all original bike, but it don't have dual disc and it don't have an aire front end. The numbers say it's an "S".

Try the Illustrated Buyer's Guide Harley-Davidson since 1965 by Allan Girdler.

Covers the Shovelheads through the Evolution models.

Good luck.

Your thread title is "Dyna History", but you ask about an FXR. You know they are totally different models right? I have the "Harley Davidson Data Book" by Rick Conner, it doesn't list the differences in the various '92 FXR's. There's a web site called bikez.com that may help you.
Also, what is the model you have listed under your avitar?

I used to have a 91 FXRS Convertable. The FXRS had was supposed to handle better and had the Anti-Dive front supension and dual disk brakes. It also had a detachable windshield and Sadlebags.

HD Models and Years produced - Harley Davidson Community

Timeline 1980's | Harley-Davidson USA

http://www.dudeworld.com.au/ARTILOWRIDER.HTML

Donny's Unauthorized Technical Guide To Harley Davidson, Vol III: The Evolution 1984-2000 is one of a series of books. This one has a tremendous amount of detail on Evo Harleys. Vol I of the series covers the Twin Cam.
They are available on Amazon, and some may be available on Kindle for a lot less money.

Back