free website stats program Dyna Family | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Family

ngjandm

Hi Dyna Family,

up until now, I had only been checking the Sportster forum's because of what seems to me a massive amounts of chat that the moderators do a great job with. I still have my sportster, but have just bought a 2010 Fat Bob. Has anyone used the SE pipes? I do like the look of it, but I think that other pipes will be more to my sound quality. The guys in the sportster thread mentioned the big radius, as well as short shots. It seems both of those no longer use the 2-1-2 exhaust as near I can tell. any other recommendations for pipes?

I had SE's on my Fatboy when I got it. they sound good and were louder than stock, but not loud enough to keep everyone from telling me I needed louder pipes. I now have V&H Longshots, definitely louder but not the loudest, and I like the way they look and sound. The best thing you can do is get out and listen to some other bikes and what they have so you can get an idea of how they sound and look.

I have a DYna Super Glide and a Fat Bob. I use 2 in 1s on both (V&H '09). They add to the engine power (coupled with a heavy breather) and although not the loudest, they have a brawny low tone that speaks power. And they look GREAT too...

Regards

i now have on my fxdwg the V&H BIG RADIUS 2+2 they look and sound awesome
on my sportster i had the V&H short shots they sounded great too they were loud but then at higher rpms they got a little more high pitched

Wow, one of the reasons I own a Fatbob is the look of the tommy gun header heat shield! I had been looking for that type of shield ever since I saw the Yaffe x pipe with the holes in the shields on the sportster. IMHO, get a slip-on and keep that cool header heat shield!

Back