free website stats program Dyna Factory Seat, Any Good ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Factory Seat, Any Good ?

Bklim

Looking to pickup a solo seat for my '07 Super Glide, it already had a Mustang two up seat that's great.
There are a few original factory seats (53077-06) available on line, wondering how good or bad they are ? Not looking for long rides with it, just around town. It's about 1/2 the price of a new Vintage Mustang solo seat. Factory FXD solo seat, Any good ?
Thanks !

I had a '07 Dyna FXD with the solo seat and don't recall any specific problems. I replaced it with the Sundowner as I was taking longer trips and wanted the comfort.

FWIW, when I traded the FXD I left the Sundowner and kept the solo, been two years and still have it. I have vague intentions on going back to a Twin-cam Dyna at some point and figured the seat would work out again. But, there is a local guy (Phoenix area) who does great seat repairs and upgrades so that might be a factor.

When I had my old Super Glide I thought the factory seat was actually very comfortable no matter how long I was in the saddle. YRMV

Thanks for your feedback, I don't plan on getting rid of my existing 2-up Mustang seat, Yes! it's too good.
Just looking to grab a solo seat so when I remove the backrest and rack for short trips around town it has
a leaner look.

Back