free website stats program Dyna alarm antenna location | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna alarm antenna location

DynaBike

I checked with a dealer this weekend and wasn't real happy with the install quotes I was getting for my HD alarm system. I can see the TSM is a simple plug-in...but I don't know where to route the small cable and mount the fob antenna. There is a small bracket in the box that I believe holds the antenna, but no idea where it goes and how it mounts. Can anyone describe their antenna mount that come off the TSM ? (Dyna Super Glide Custom).

I'll run buy a service manual if there is a photo in there that shows it ?

If anyone has a photo of their antenna...pls post it.

Thanks !

I checked with a dealer this weekend and wasn't real happy with the install quotes I was getting for my HD alarm system. I can see the TSM is a simple plug-in...but I don't know where to route the small cable and mount the fob antenna. There is a small bracket in the box that I believe holds the antenna, but no idea where it goes and how it mounts. Can anyone describe their antenna mount that come off the TSM ? (Dyna Super Glide Custom).

I'll run buy a service manual if there is a photo in there that shows it ?

If anyone has a photo of their antenna...pls post it.

Thanks !

It is very easy. The antenna is used for the Belt pager. When you buy the PagerII alarm kit it comes with Directions & pictures. You get a piece of velcro you stick to the frame under the seat. You then lay the antenna on top of the velcro. Then you place the other have of the velco over the wire to cover it. I can pull out the directions if you need more help, but when you see the directions you will be able to do it.

Hoop!

It should be similar to the XL1200C....mounts in the tray directly behind the ECM. Harley's instructions for the TSSM/HFSM don't even mention the antenna! Sorry I don't have pics of mine, but there are pics in the '09 Sportster service manual that show the location. Unfortunately, the section for installing the security module does not show the antenna either but I found a couple of pictures of it in the manual in the ECM section.

The antenna module apparently is for the fob, I thought it was to extend the transmission strength/range for the wireless pager application (allows user to be farther away from the bike, and still able to receive status. I know with my older Security I system, I have to be about 15 feet away before it detects my continuous button fob depression and disable the alarm, so antenna improves this to more than double that and extends range for remote pager to be picked up.

As DynaBike found out, the pager uses the wire antenna on the Security II optional module to extend the usable range.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info...the catalog wording had me thinking the siren II was necessary for the pager, but if the pager antenna plugs into the TSSM, does that mean I can get page function without installing the siren II ?

Just back from the dealer...got some different information. The parts guy says the antenna ( 68956-07 ) that plugs into the TSSM is the receiver antenna for the fob. The pager antenna is that long wire that comes off of the siren II ...hence the siren II is necessary if you want pager function.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there is an antenna for the fob. It is molded into a rectangular piece of rubber. Mine is mounted on a small bracket centered in the round opening just under the seat.

If you can't figure it out I can shoot a picture tomorrow.

Randy

Thanks for the info and offer Randy. I was going install it myself, but couldn't figure out where the fob antenna bracket mounted, so I went ahead and booked an appt with Harley to have them install it. Was going to have to go down there to get the fob programmed anyways :)

Thanks!

Back