free website stats program Dunlop Tire models | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunlop Tire models

Randall K. Wilson

I'm asking this on my brothers behalf. Well we both buy the Dunlop tires for our Harleys. Some are labeled like 402, 404, etc etc. He thinks there is a difference in the material the tires are made out of and thinks perhaps some of these get more mileage than others. What is the 402 and 404 etc thingy mean?

please respond

On the "Tire Pressure" thread, I just posted what was listed in my 08 manual.

I find it interesting that my "402 front" is a touring tire & my "401 rear" is a cruiser tire. And "all" Sportster tires" are 401's (both front & rear) except the "C" models on the front for both 883 & 1200 which uses the 402.

Not to hijack, but why do you think HD uses a "touring tire" on the front only on the C models and not the same cruiser tires for all others? Tracy

D401 is a cruiser tire D402 is a Touring tire designed for different bikes
D404 " Expanded range fits a wide variety of older bikes and cruisers"
Elite 3 is radial

Hence...getting to the point...for longeivity what model Dunlop would be best. My brother is 250lbs, is a solo rider and rides an Ultra Classic.?

Sometime this summer, I'll need to replace my original Dunlop/HD tires on my 07 RG. From what I've been reading, the Elite 3 are the answer. When I go to the fitment Guide on the Dunlop site, all I get are 4 versions of the 402's. Is the Elite not a proper fit to the 07 RG ?? If not..what size would I get? Also, if there are any Canadians reading this with elites, where did you buy them ??

Thanks

J

Thanks Smitty

Thats what I thought. My next step is to find the closest size..and for that I'll leave it to those that have already done the change. I'll wait for the proper size from those that have.

jack

Harley-Davidson Tire Series

E3's are also Bias-Ply... check the Touring/ Sport Bias/Cruiser section above the Harley replacement section. Got a set of E3's on my RK and like em a lot

Sometime this summer, I'll need to replace my original Dunlop/HD tires on my 07 RG. From what I've been reading, the Elite 3 are the answer. When I go to the fitment Guide on the Dunlop site, all I get are 4 versions of the 402's. Is the Elite not a proper fit to the 07 RG ?? If not..what size would I get? Also, if there are any Canadians reading this with elites, where did you buy them ??

Thanks

J

I bought my off Ebay, but you should be able to order them through any Dunlop dealer.
Touring/Sport Bias/Cruiser

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

With shipping from the US was it still cheaper than local ??

What size did you get? For which model/year bike ??

Jack

It was at the time, I got them for a real good price, 2 seperate buys,$40.00US shipping each through the mail(No Brokerage Fees + cleared customs without being taxed)and our buck was $1.06US at the time.
They are the MT90B16 put them on an '03 Police Road King.

Thanks Caper..

by the way, I'm just "down the road" in moncton. Hopefully will be in CB for the Bike Meet in Sept..

Cheers

Is that the "Thunder In the Highlands"...poster of it in my buds shop in New Waterford
Spent quite a bit of time in Moncton couple years back with my kid playing hockey....got relatives in Shediac

Back