free website stats program drive belt tension | Harley Davidson Forums

drive belt tension

gunnut

Is there an "idiots guide" as to how much vertical movement is acceptable.or too tite??I know you all can answer this one so Thank you in advance.

It should be shown as a vertical scale next to the opening on the debris deflector on most bikes. The specs are in the manual.

7.9 to 9.5 mm deflection with 10 lbs of pressure applied bike should have wheels on the ground and a rider seated on the bike measure at the mid way point of the lower belt run

Brian

7.9 to 9.5 mm deflection with 10 lbs of pressure applied bike should have wheels on the ground and a rider seated on the bike measure at the mid way point of the lower belt run

Brian

So much for doing it yourself with that one.

Don't forget the most important part.. With Bike Cold.:s

And if in doubt,, a little loose is better than a little tight.

So much for doing it yourself with that one.

Ive got a little boy that helps me on that one
ok he isnt so little any more but he comes home most weekends so i leave that job till he is home

Brian

Ive got a little boy that helps me on that one
ok he isnt so little any more but he comes home most weekends so i leave that job till he is home

Brian

LOL well I kind of have the same thing but its my tomboy daughter. But now that shes 22 shes getting tired of helping out dear old dad, esp when it comes to helping carry things as nothing seems to be light anymore

Back