free website stats program Dreary Weather Creativity (Horn) | Harley Davidson Forums

Dreary Weather Creativity (Horn)

Iceman24

The bad weather continues in NE so got creative this weekend & rattle can painted my cowbell horn HT wrinkle black. Pretty easy process:

- Remove horn fm bike (obviously)
- Roughed surface w/#600 paper
- Printer undercoat
- Three coats of HT wrinkle black (from Advance Auto)
- Bake @ 200-degrees for 2-hrs

So easy I might do some more parts...
Weather's improving so time to test it out.

Attachments

• IMG_3362.jpg
    IMG_3362.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3366.jpg
    IMG_3366.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 73
Sweet. Does the directions call for baking? Or is something you just did? Living out here on the beach makes me want to spray and bake the whole bike! Looks Great.

Bodeen

Actually...I did bake it in my wife's oven which probably wasn't the best choice. I did get a look...especially when the kitchen started to smell like baked plastic. :bigsmiley21:

Luckily she didn't get too mad because I had her remove it while I was at work. :s

Bodeen; it was listed on the directions to dry for 48-hrs & finish by baking @ 200-degrees for 2-hrs. It was VHT High-Temp Wrinkle Black - here's the site:

VHT Wrinkle Plus Coatings

Actually...I did bake it in my wife's oven which probably wasn't the best choice. I did get a look...especially when the kitchen started to smell like baked plastic. :bigsmiley21:

Luckily she didn't get too mad because I had her remove it while I was at work. :s

Bodeen; it was listed on the directions to dry for 48-hrs & finish by baking @ 200-degrees for 2-hrs. It was VHT High-Temp Wrinkle Black - here's the site:

Thanks Ice! I'll check it out.

Bodeen

Actually wrinkle finish is due to shrinkage rates of two types of paint mixed in the formula...the heat makes the shrink rates and wrinkles uniform. The decision to use the kitchen oven...sorry Ice, was his. Fortunately a my work I use an lab test heat/cold chamber...works better and no mad miss'us. :newsmile092:

Back