free website stats program Drain plugs | Harley Davidson Forums

Drain plugs

Rapedape

Banned
I'm Changing the oil on my Street Bob and I notice that the drain plug is not magnetic. Is there one for this model ??:57:

I'm Changing the oil on my Street Bob and I notice that the drain plug is not magnetic. Is there one for this model ??:57:

Hmmm. All of my drain plugs ('91 Dyna and '03 UC - engine, tranny, and primary) are magnetic plugs! Strange that yours is not. Now the pipe plug at the front of the oil pan on the UC was not magnetic. I only removed that because the temp gauge sending unit replaced it.

I think you just take the non-magnetic plug over to your Dealership guys and say "hey Guy, this was in my oil tank. Aren't these supposed to be magnetic plugs?" See if they will just give you one. (Probably not!!)

Check this out:

Oil Changing Videos - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Sounds like you took the plug out in the bottom of the case. Did it have a shoulder on it and an "O" ring?

Apparently I pulled the wrong plug. Luckily It's not leaking. :wall

More so, you are lucky you didn't crack the case as some have done.

Like Smitty said, get the HD factory manual, the $58 you spend will save you BIG in the future.

Back