free website stats program down but not out | Harley Davidson Forums

down but not out

mike20b

well went down at a very low speed last week to avoid a cager who decided to stop in the middle lane to decide if he should go left or right. unfortunatley due to traffic i did not leave myself an out and decided it was best to put her on her side instead of rear ending the cager, (didn't think i was that close but also didn't expect the sudden stop for no reason either) (my fault i know), but no damage to the ultra classic as my right foot took all the weight between the floorboard and the ground, crushing it causing 3 broken bones in my right foot. no one can believe that not even a scratch on her but then when they see my foot they all say wow. lol lucky it's almost wintertime so will be good to go by spring... only posting this to remind all that no matter what speed we should be aware of and out as well as keeping a safe distance, :hummer :newsmile105: :newsmile068:

Happy to hear it was not worse. Great advice coming from experience. Having an escape and following at a safe distance cant be over stated.

Glad you weren't hurt worse and hope you make a full recovery.:cheers

Thanks for the reminder.:bigsmiley12: My riding season is pretty well shot as it's getting to just hovering around the freezing mark with that white junk in the forecast for this weekend.:(

good advise..... sorry to hear the foot is down for bit, but the main thing is that is all. take care of it and i hope you heal fast...spring will be here before you know it...

Hate those panic stops - hope your foot heals OK. Sad to see you're done until next season, but heal well!

Seeing your location (NYC) I can understand the panic stop and not leaving yourself enough distance from the vehicle in front of you. When I ride the Cross Bronx Expressway (which is very seldom) it is tough keeping a safe braking distance but I try. Take care and heal well.

Glad to hear you got everything under control so to speak! Know what you mean about the following distance and the way out! Constant things we need to watch riding!

+ 1 to that safe distance..
Sorry to hear when a fellow rider goes down...Get well soon :)

Sounds like a close call and you were very lucky with the outcome. Hope your foot heals fast so you can get back in the saddle.

Back