free website stats program Dont let this happen to you. | Harley Davidson Forums

Dont let this happen to you.

Ive had a 96 springer for 15 years.Many, many times Ive been told "shut your fuel off"..I always thought WHY?Its fine, it'll never happen to me.

Well it did!Took 15 years but it bit me right in the cant repair department.Fuel line cracked at the pet caulk (full tank of course).Ate a good chunck of powder off the motor before I caught it.

Lesson learned the hard way I guess.

I found out real fast when they dropped off my fat boy stills now on the ground didnt turn the fuel off opened garage to that fine gas smell next day

That's probably the only thing I didn't like about by former bike (05 XL1200C) - non-EFI so I always had to remember fuel shut-off. Sorry to hear about your scoot getting damaged - maybe time to do some powdercoating???

That's probably the only thing I didn't like about by former bike (05 XL1200C) - non-EFI so I always had to remember fuel shut-off. Sorry to hear about your scoot getting damaged - maybe time to do some powdercoating???

AHH, I'll fix it.It makes me more worried with my 08.At least they give you a shut off with the carbd models.

What do you do when the efi 1 springs a leek?This is a major oversight by HD in my opinion.One so simple,all you have to do is walk to your basement to understand.Every major line has a shut off.

Well just think of the good thing......didn't happen when the bike was hot or even worst when you were riding

Always on my carbed bikes shut the gas off, my buddie never did, One spring he tried to switch to reserve the lever would not move Big Oooooops:s

Back