free website stats program Doing my own service | Harley Davidson Forums

Doing my own service

BikeSAG

My 2007 FLSTC is ready for the 20,000 check up and fluid changes. I've always worked on my own vehicles but never felt comfortable with the Heritage until joining this forum. Bought the HD service & repair manual ($60 on ebay) picked up the fluids and spark plugs (I have all the tools) and am only out about $100. The HD Stealership wants $300+ for the service. So here I go. Thanks guys for the encourgement. This forum is great!

Go for it!

Any questions you have are probably answered in the Self Help section.

If not, post your questions here and they'll be answered pronto.

Hey I used to live in Woodstock GA. Lived in Bradshaw Farms. Beautiful country there, especially up north for riding. Don't miss the Atlanta traffic though.

Good deal BikeSAG, we look forward to reading how you are doing and as Dr.D said, there is plenty of info in the Self Help Tips and you can search for related info in the Search tab by typing in keywords. It's all good and there are plenty of fellow enthusiasts here to help you with any questions you may have. :D

If you can turn a wrench on a cage, you can do the same for your scoot. You have the necessary skills, you have a shop manual, and this forum has more knowledge and "how to's" than you will ever need.

Before you start, read up on what you are attempting to do. Go through the motions in your head, step by step. Make sure you have whatever tools and/or fixtures you'll need ahead of time. Don't forget replacement gaskets, locktite, and whatever other supplies you'll need.

To date, I have done all of the work on my '99 Ultra from replacing the front rotors, to a roller chain conversion. Trust me, if I can do it, so can you.

Have fun.

and am only out about $100. The HD Stealership wants $300+ for the service.

BikeSAG don't Sweat it! The Math says it all. The way I see it, you can do it Wrong Twice and still be ahead of the game. Besides the Moderators make house calls:p!

It looks like you will save money this time and even more next time as you will already have the manuals. Just take your time.

I just flushed my Brake lines and installed Russell "Speed bleeders" which were pretty inexpensive and can be ordered online.

I also used the "Easy Fork Oil Change On Baggers" to change Fork oil. I don't know if it would work on your bike but definitely the way to go if it does.

Both topics are covered in the "Self Help" section

Good luck - Bob

Back