free website stats program Dogs on Hogs show me your pics | Harley Davidson Forums

Dogs on Hogs show me your pics

bikerfishman

My little dog has easily raked up 10,000 miles under his tail and I was just wondering what type of set ups people use to haul there best friend.
The one in the picture is a airline pet bag with a zip open top and sides that zip down for entry.
It sits nicely behind the drivers back rest and the strap goes under the passenger grab rails for a little piece of mind.
On my road king I went for a solo seat and a solo rack with a small kennel bolted to the rack, diffidently more secure but I think he likes the ultra better.

Attachments

• DSCF3476.jpg
    DSCF3476.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 162
I brought one of my dogs for a ride 3 times. She was in a vest type harness on me facing the front. After considerable thinking,, I decided it was not safe riding her around,,could be a distractment to me,,and really nothing to protect her if in an accident.

I hate seeing dogs in the back of pick up trucks traveling down the road.....jmo

Here is a friends setup. The dogs name is Thumper and she loves every minute she gets to ride.

Attachments

• thump.jpg
    thump.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 256
  • thump2.jpg
    thump2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 101
Here is a friends setup. The dogs name is Thumper and she loves every minute she gets to ride.

Don't have any photos, but there is a gentleman in my local HOG chapter that has a custom trike. The "trunk" is a custom dog house for his buddy. It has vents, bedding and a ramp that folds out for the pooch to enter and exit with ease. The dog and he are insepearble! In my opinion it is a beautiful design and completely custom. Impressive.

security.jpg

That's a beautiful bike......... and the dog aint too bad either

I have an 11 year old Yorkie that loves to ride. Currently looking for a left side saddlebag off a wrecked bike to fit an 09 FLHT. I plan on drilling vent holes and cutting a hole in the lid so he can ride with the wind in his face or duck for cover when needed. He really liked riding in a throw over type leather saddlebag on the Dyna. It fit him perfect with a couple of old towels to pad it. Never got out on the highway just rode him around the slow backroads. He loved it and the kids got a kick out of seeing him ride.

Jim and Tammy let me know how the saddle bag works out, I have thought of the same thing but think my little friend is too fat, probably around 16 pounds,
So when I do my cross country trip this year I am pretty sure I am going to do a solo seat with back rest and a solo rack with the kennel bolted to that and pull a 4x6 trailer with a car topper on it for all the gear.

Attachments

• sgdog.jpg
    sgdog.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 31
I have an 11 year old Yorkie that loves to ride. Currently looking for a left side saddlebag off a wrecked bike to fit an 09 FLHT. I plan on drilling vent holes and cutting a hole in the lid so he can ride with the wind in his face or duck for cover when needed. He really liked riding in a throw over type leather saddlebag on the Dyna. It fit him perfect with a couple of old towels to pad it. Never got out on the highway just rode him around the slow backroads. He loved it and the kids got a kick out of seeing him ride.

We have a Westie. I'm wondering if you could make a windshield for the front of the saddlebag out of Lexan or Plexiglas ?

Back