free website stats program Doebeck TFI versus Cobra 692-1612CL | Harley Davidson Forums

Doebeck TFI versus Cobra 692-1612CL

I'm hoping Glider responds to this, I know he like the Doebeck TFI. My only concern is disconnecting the O2 sensors with the Doebeck and not with the Cobra. All thoughts welcome.

I have used both units and they are both good units. I prefer the TFI because of the support IF you had a problem. They are right there for you. The cobra adjusts about the same way.

No big deal disconnecting the 02 sensors. Some prefer to use a tuner to keep them in the loop but I like the simplistic approach of the TFI and it works.

Without the resistors that they furnish, it would set a code but with them it keeps a code from setting. I had one bad resistor which they replaced NC. It set a code for the 02 sensor but you can clear it easy enough.

Just installed the dobeck on my RKC and I cant say enough good things about their services reps!!!!!!
WAP.gif

Without the resistors that they furnish, it would set a code but with them it keeps a code from setting. I had one bad resistor which they replaced NC. It set a code for the 02 sensor but you can clear it easy enough.

There is a connection aprox 8" from the O2 sensors. I assume you unplug the sensors and plug the TFI connector in it's place. Then did you remove your O2's or just hide the wires somewhere?

There is a connection aprox 8" from the O2 sensors. I assume you unplug the sensors and plug the TFI connector in it's place. Then did you remove your O2's or just hide the wires somewhere?

I left the 02's in place and secured all the wires so they wouldn't get damaged.

You are correct about the resister locations in the plugs.

I left the 02's in place and secured all the wires so they wouldn't get damaged.

You are correct about the resister locations in the plugs.

Order being placedd today. Thanks for all the help Glider. This baby's goint to purr like a kitten if I'm right.

Order being placedd today. Thanks for all the help Glider. This baby's goint to purr like a kitten if I'm right.

Hope YOU didn't forget about the Discounts.... Check them out BEFORE you pay full price...

Let us know "How It Works" After you install the TFI... IF you find time to get OFF the bike after your new found POWER and Smooooooth ride...

signed....BUBBIE :D

Back