free website stats program dobeck decel , popping question | Harley Davidson Forums

dobeck decel , popping question

mcbur1

I have a 2008 flhtc. I have rush mufflers 1.75. I installed the 2.00 baffles. The 2.00 baffles have the popping on decal problem. I have the adjusted the dobeck tuner to the aftermarket setting. I also checked the exhaust for any leaks, good so far. Does any know if there is another setting I can start with to control the decal problem? I have the gen 2 dobeck tuner.

I have a 2008 flhtc. I have rush mufflers 1.75. I installed the 2.00 baffles. The 2.00 baffles have the popping on decal problem. I have the adjusted the dobeck tuner to the aftermarket setting. I also checked the exhaust for any leaks, good so far. Does any know if there is another setting I can start with to control the decal problem? I have the gen 2 dobeck tuner.
What do you mean by aftermarket settings? If you bought it new from Dobeck they should have set it for the mods. you have done to the bike. I believe the decel pod is the #5 setting, .05 was the setting mine had from Dobeck. You may need to adjust that to get the results you want.

The aftermarket settings are the ones that you set for a stage one. I have the Gen 2 with 4 pods only
I suggest you call Dobeck, they are very helpful and will have a tech walk you through setting it. I spent a lot of time with them trying to get mine set correctly.

Very generally speaking, if you decrease flow through the motor, you'll probably need to decrease fuel and conversely if you increase flow you'll likely need to increase fuel. Decel popping is symptomatic of a rich or lean condition and you have increased flow with the larger and more freer flowing baffle and have created a lean condition that will likely require more fuel to bring the AFR back in line. However, you have to remember that the throttle is closed on decel, so the only fuel the motor is seeing is controlled by the low speed circuit. On a carbed bike that would be the A/F adjustor; don't know what controls that function with the Dobeck unit as I have never run one.

As has been suggested, a call to Dobeck should provide you with the information you need to address the issue. Is the bike TBW? If so, that may have to be taken into consideration as well.

Back