FLHTKBOB

2012 FLHTK running a Dobeck 4 afr+
103"
125000miles
S&S 551 easy cams
V&H power Duals
V&H turndown Mufflers
K&N 3930 high flow filter.
Bike runs great for an hour or so, runs in what i think is the proper range on guage. 14.7-15.1 then starts popping , backfirring, sputtering, running hot and engaging eimts. Tried adjusting afr settings but seems like it's not responding.

Running
Green 12.5
Yellow 12.5
Red 12.1-12.4
Green/blue 14.0-15.0
Yellow/blue 12.1
Red/blue 13.0

Bike runs great for an hour or so, runs in what i think is the proper range on guage. 14.7-15.1 then starts popping , backfirring, sputtering, running hot and engaging eimts. Tried adjusting afr settings but seems like it's not responding.

Disclaimer first; never worked with the Dobeck unit. However, I can tell you that 14.7-15.1 AFR is too lean. What are the AFR readings idle, cruise under load and WOT under load?

Are you saying that making pot adjustments on the unit does not affect the AFR readings? I assume the AFR gauge will read AFR with the Dobeck unit disconnected? If so, run the motor without the Dobeck unit; IAW, let the ECM manage fuel and see what the gauge reads. Could the gauge be bad? Is this a new install? Need more information.;)

Your Yellow and the yellow/blue look rich to me. I have mine set at 14.5 for both. The yellow is for cruising. When the Blue is on with another color it means you are running closed loop with the O2 sensor. My other colors are very similar to yours. You may want to call Dobeck.
tourbox

dolt;I don't think it will read AFR's w/o the unit connected. You have to change original O2 sensors to a Wide band unit which comes with the Dobeck set up. They way I understand the AFR reading is from the O2 sensor, so if unit was disconnected it couldn't read the output of the O2 sensor. For example if just the Yellow light(cruising mode) is on then you are running Open Loop. When the Yellow/Blue light is on then you are in a Closed Loop system as stated in post #4
tourbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Back