free website stats program Do you let anyone sit on your Harley? | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you let anyone sit on your Harley?

SportyHawg

I overheard a fellow say that he'd brain anyone that sat on his Harley. He'd had it 20+ years and he was the only one to ever sit on it.

I didn't think that much about the comment -- other than it seemed a bit harsh. Then the other day, I was showing a friend of mine my bike (wintering in the garage) -- they promptly threw a leg over and sat on the seat and stood it up! I just had that feeling, you know? And I understood what the guy was talking about.

You guys ever have someone sit on your bike without an invitation? Does it bug you or not?

Only my two Boys. They do it now just to get the blood pumping!Both are out on their own though so it does not happen much.

Yeep.....know where you are coming from. I was in the house and one of my inlaws come over throwed a leg over the bike(while I was in the house) and did the same thing. struck a nerve here too. I do not bother his band equipment, instruments, STUFF etc. it's bothering me now just thinking about it...Thanks HAWG...

Hi SportyHawg ... Nope, have never found anyone 'accidently' setting on my scooter, and wouldn't permit it. Somewhere's on this forum is a pic that shows a dent in the gas tank, from a "friend" that sat on the bike and let it get out of control. I've invited others (usually little kids) to sit on it, but not their 'care-less' adults. Nope, wouldn't allow it. IMHO Ridin' weather is just 2.5 months away, Oh yeah!

Uninvited NO! But if someone asks I don't care The only thing I tell them is to lift their legs high enough that they don't scratch the bag lids.That would tick me off!:bigsmiley19:

its ok HAWG...nothing personal, I just went and took one of my meds, I will be allright in a minute.

I've had two experiences of someone sitting on and the other, turning the throttle while I sat on my bike. The first time a friend of a friend sat on my softail in my garage without asking, with the steering lock on and chained to the floor, with him trying to straighten the front wheel and move it forward while still chained.:bigsmiley19: I politly asked him to get off my bike!!!

The second time I was sitting on the bike in town with it idling, talking to another friend, when a friend of his (again) reached over and turned the throttle, I couldn't believe it!! He also was politly asked to "vacate the area".

I personally would never touch anyone else's property, no matter what it was!!!! That's just plain rudeness!

If I know it's someone with experrience handling a bike and they ask I don't mind at all.
A guy started to get on my bike without asking one time and I asked if it was okay for me to jump on his wife without asking. He knew I was just kidding ,but he got the message.

Back