free website stats program Do i need a TFI | Harley Davidson Forums

Do i need a TFI

sprinklerfitter669

Looking for some advice.
2004 Fatboy EFI, Stage 1 and 2, and V+H longshots. added by the original owner

My question is, when i have the baffles out, i get some hiccuping, and sputtering, when driving in town or going down hill and when i start to accelerate again.
I know the stage one is definetly done,and i was told stage 2, and not sure if it was ever mapped
I really like the way it sounds without the baffles, i tried it with them in and had no problems.
When i was explaing this to a freind, he told me i needed a fuel pack, or TFI, or power commander, to stop the sputtering.
Any suggestions, also is it something i can do myself, and cost?

I don't think the TFI would work very good with the stage two. I would suggest the power commander or the SEST. That way if you continue to mod it, you won't have to replace it.

Definitely gonna have some pop fooey goi'n on w/o the baffles - need some backpressure to keep things in order. Tuner can help adjust, but I wouldn't really run my scoot w/no baffles = power loss. What are you trying to accomplish...do you want the loudness? If so, might want to look at Big City Thunder baffles.

Definitely gonna have some pop fooey goi'n on w/o the baffles - need some backpressure to keep things in order. Tuner can help adjust, but I wouldn't really run my scoot w/no baffles = power loss. What are you trying to accomplish...do you want the loudness? If so, might want to look at Big City Thunder baffles.

Your right Iceman, I want the loudness, and i just like the tone produced without the baffles.
That is why i was wondering about running without baffles, and having some kind of device to adjust the fuel

I don't think the TFI would work very good with the stage two. I would suggest the power commander or the SEST. That way if you continue to mod it, you won't have to replace it.

There is another model available from Dobeck that is made for the higher output engines.

If you just want it louder I would second the Big City Thunder baffles. Also without the baffles you are losing power and torque. It really does need the back pressure to run properly. However I couldn't imagine someone wanting pipes that are louder than the big shots. They are already loud. Try riding behind some and see just how loud they are. You are asking for a loud pipes ticket if you want to run without the baffles. JMO
WAP.gif

Back