free website stats program DMV riding test | Harley Davidson Forums

DMV riding test

I'm guessing exhaust dragging wheelies wont be on the list..... :D

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out!!

Later,
2002SilverSurfer

Last edited:
Low speed figure eights and u-turns. Moderate speed (around 20 MPH) swerve and straighten maneuver. Moderate speed emergency stops. I've heard it's better to hit a cone than to put your foot down. Remember to use the whole engagement range of the clutch (friction zone), mostly rear brake at low speeds (except on the emergency stop), and really turn your head and look through the turns.

Good Luck!!

Theirs several videos on youtube about it from the Ca DMV.. Makes me glad that i took the MSF class and passed it that way lol..

ok great i dont have 5 posts yet so i cant post a link to the video..

Lets try this> youtube.com/watch?v=oCQXdgJypqw

or go to youtube and search for CaliforniaDMV

Thanks, I'll get to work on that. Let you guys know how it goes.

Just a note, if you took the MSF course first it helps A LOT! Also, when practicing your figure 8's makes sure you utilize the full handlebar movement lock to lock. It will be tough, but if you follow Dr Dolittle' post and practice keeping your eyes looking around past the turn and feel the handlebar hit the lock, using the friction point of the clutch and throttle steady, you will be fine. You will then have a couple of stop and go straight line within 1 ft wide strips on either side of where you did your figure 8's. I remember I had to drive up a hill, slant park and then go down hill while DMV tester watched, and that was it.

My test was a long time ago,but they made us drive through a pylon course ,then show proper braking,then they sent us on the road to a different location they had spotters along the way. I don't know how they do it now.Just ride carefull Don't let your nerves get the best of you and you will do fine:)

When do you take your test? is it a few days away or ? if you have time then go by the DMV after hours you can practice the course. The course here in the NW is laid out painted lines that you can go by practice on your own. I would go by give it a "test" run that way you have idea what to except. It really helped me to do a couple runs on the weave :) and also just take one thing at a time focus on each item not the whole test it will help.

Georgia has large signs warning you that any practice on the course is prohibited. Doesn't keep you from pacing off the lines and replicating it somewhere else.

Back