free website stats program dissapointed | Harley Davidson Forums

dissapointed

nfusion

I just did 95 inch s&s kit on my 03 roadking went with head quarters 0034 cams power commander ness big sucker air cleaner vance&hinds true dual exhaust and rindhart 4 inch slip ons dyno tune gave me less hp than stock 62 hp and 75 ft lbs of torque could someone give me an answer for that poor performance as I am at a loss for words dyno guy said could be bad cams or one tooth out of time

if it helps did compression check 190 both cyl. tried another new power commander and checked fuel pressure makes more hp with the power commander disconnected 68 hp 78ft lbs torqe but bike runs like.(garbage)

Please Click the below link and read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
You will find that in most cases of performing upgraded mods to bike the results fall short do to the inability to proper match all the upgrades. So it seems unfortunate that the tuner may not have been on top of his game to get all your bike has to offer.

Plus please read the rules on language........:(

this tuner is highly sought after in Canada and some parts of the us 45 years of experience he did not build the engine

Do you have a dyno sheet you can post? I'd be interested in seeing where the torque curve begins and if it's broad and flat or if there are any large dips in it. Also the AF ratio might tell a story as well.

I do have the dyno sheet and I will try to up load it I am not to computer oriented but it start to flatten out right off the get go and again near the end of the run he thought maybe my power commander was bad so he tried a new one same thing so he disconnect the power commander it made more hp with out it but the engine ran badly said sounded to him like a timing confict with cams I don't no much about that stuff so I am kind lost

Since the tuner was not the builder it's hard to lay blame without knowing how things went together. Are you still speaking to the engine builder? If so I would take the tune information to him and see what he will do for you. If he was the one who gave you the specs for the motor and what components to use he had to have some idea how it would perform. Start back with the builder and see what he thinks the problems are.

thanks hd don was talking to him and bike is going there tomorrow I will report back on my findings as maybe it will help another member with problems like this

It would be great if you get back with the forum so we all can see how the problem is resolved.

1 tooth of on timing could make a huge change iMO, I would have the builder open up the cam chest and have a look

Back