free website stats program Disappointed in Harley! | Harley Davidson Forums

Disappointed in Harley!

RK73

Bought a super glide in late Nov. Its garage kept in a climate controlled area. Today I see the mounting bolts for the mirrors are pitted to all (Edit)

I'm so annoyed. This bike hasn't even seen a rainy day yet. I should bring it to the dealer and have them change them out on principal alone. For the money paid...what (Edit)
!

I feel better now..sort of!

Please Click the below link and read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the 2005 FLHRCI model you have listed in your post.
That 9-year old model?????

New mounting bolts are cheap.

RK73,

Go at the dealer in a EASY manor and ASK Why it would do that? Explain the temp control storage..

Might be surprised at their answer THEN Again,,, you Might Not....:p

signed....BUBBIE

Nine years old? Perhaps the previous owner should have paid more attention to it. Bubbie has a very good suggestion here.

I must be missing something, I thought he was referring to his super glide [new] not the FLHRCI , I thought that was a road king.

New Super Glide has two year warranty.I would ask the Dealer to replace the mounting bolts.They are not "wear items" so warranty should cover.Dealer probably won't give you any hassle.

Bubbie's approach will get the needed response. No sense crying if you have not been hit yet. I for one think you will find that Harley's quality is as good as most and better than others. I don't know where you live but here in Fl. even keeping the bike in a heated and cooled garage rust/pitting can occur. When you get the new bolts try putting a good wax on them and any of the other shiny surfaces. JMHO, Don

Back