free website stats program Dirty Air Ride Kit. | Harley Davidson Forums

Dirty Air Ride Kit.

No one yet?

I just ordered the "BALLER" as in BIG lol. I guess I'll report my findings with some install pics as I go.

So,

I ordered my kit on Tue and it arrived yesterday. The packaging was amazing and all the parts in this kit seem/look to be built with quality. I get to looking at all the parts and notice the 1/4'' hose was not in the kit. I get Big AL from the shop on the other line, nothing but apologies. These kits are not pre made at his shop, they have to be picked and he said he would get it to me on Friday for my weekend install I planned on. I understand a miss like this in a hurry to get it shipped out quickly, no big deal. Now I have to wait, he will probably ship it out on Tue because of Labor day and I'll get it on Thurs-Fri next week....

I get a phone call back about 1 hour later, Big AL on the line. He said he's gone to the post office and overnighted the air hose and I'll have it today (SAT) before noon. My plans were to install this on Labor day Monday, anyway. Stand up guy and stand up product from what I can tell so far! My next post will be pictures of the install on Monday.:D

Great news, glad we still have some form of customer service out there!

I got around to installing the shocks and a quick wire nut job to make sure everything works. I'll be cleaning up the wires up and making them look pretty even though no one sees under the seat. She goes up and down like a champ and looks pretty sick slammed!.. More pics coming tomorrow.

DA2.jpg

Some pics: Chrome thumb switch up front. Top is up, bottom is down.

DA6.jpg

Pump installed in front of the battery under the seat.

DA8.jpg

Semi final look after battery cover re-installed.

DA7.jpg

RT side cover.

DA5.jpg

My final thoughts: Awesome! Love the look, love the ride 1/2 way up, it's actually smoother than the stock Glide special coil overs. All in all great kit! Took me about 5 hours trying to figure out how I wanted my set up and the looks under the seat. To do this kit again knowing what I know now, probably about 1-1/2 to 2 hour install.

Back