free website stats program Dino Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Dino Oil

clap

Who is using Dino Oil and what are you using. I have always used HD brand oil, but the wife lost her job day before X Mas and we need to tighten up a little.

Sorry about the job loss and hope things work out.

For the few dollars saved between oils, I always use an oil that is made for a motorcycle. The dollar difference between brands can't be much. (You have to put the base price of the oil you'd be spending into the equation.) The bike is too expensive to go too cheap. It'll get you in the long run.

I use dino oils on my bikes
Due to my location it is hard for me to get a hold of oil that is suitable for an air cooled motorcycle so i have to rely on what i can get mail order i would prefer to use hd 360 however i have trouble getting a dealer to ship it to me so i will use whatever i can get a hold of i just ensure it is suitable for an air cooled motorcycle

Brian

I have used nothing but Castrol GTX 20/50 in my Dyna since I bought it in '93. I never ride it slowly for extended time, and change the oil WAY too often. I do insist on HD filters.
I use only Mobil 1 Vtwin synthetic in my Electra Glide,,, go figure.

I have been using Valvoline Racing oil since the mid 70's. I've run this in Iron Head Sportys,several Shovels,Evos, and TCs. I use the 60w mostly year round, but do switch to the 50w in Jan. or Feb. ocassionly. Here in So. Texas it is normally 70-80 + temps. Never had any problems.

Actually Tank's choice for Valvolene was what I used in my 1993 Suzuki Katana because 100% Synthetic was not recommended for the single hole lubricant for the inline 4 cylinder engine (redline at 13,000 RPM) at close to 90 HP, air/oil cooled, integral timing chain and oil wetted clutch and six speed tranny puts extreme stress on the thin 10W-40 dino oil. Valvolene worked fine for me...the 15 years I ran with no problems whatsoever.:D

I see my earlier comment now has a DOWNLOAD with a pdf file attached to the comment.

I never added anything to it so I don't know what it is or where it came from.

Something from the new "upgrade" of the web page?

I wouldn't trust it because I know I never added anything, other than a comment.

It keeps changing, now I see it's an ad for something.

It is an advertisement. It will rotate to something new with each page visit or refresh of the screen. Site visitors and General member accounts will see this advertising but Contributor$ accounts will be free of this.
Thank you for the info.
The 1st time I went back to my comment, it just said DOWNLOAD without a product shown.
Later it did have a visible product link.

I just get protective about clicking on unknown links.

Back