free website stats program Digital Oil Level/Temp Gauge Experience | Harley Davidson Forums

Digital Oil Level/Temp Gauge Experience

tldixon58

What types of experiences has the forum had with the HD digital oil level/temp gauge? Are they worth the money or how long do they last?

I bought one of the first versions, I dont know how old it is and I just replaced it with the new 09 version. I really like the 09 version. The older version was ok, but the new one with the level indicator and temp sensor is cool.... 2 Thumbs up!!!!!!

I put one in earlier this summer. I like the convenience of a tap of the button to check oil level. And, it was comforting to check the temp periodically on my ride to the Badlands on a 100F day during Sturgis Bike Week. While I haven't actually tested the temp guage for accuracy, it seems to be fine. So far, so good with regard to reliability.

I put one in earlier this summer. I like the convenience of a tap of the button to check oil level. And, it was comforting to check the temp periodically on my ride to the Badlands on a 100F day during Sturgis Bike Week. While I haven't actually tested the temp guage for accuracy, it seems to be fine. So far, so good with regard to reliability.

Hey so what were those temps on a 100F in Sturgis?

I was going to get one about a year ago. The parts guy told me that almost 1/2 of the ones they sold were returned for various reasons. I seem to remember that the most common problem was that the heat of the oil and oil bag would actually melt the display. Now, that was a year ago so they may have remedied that one by now.

I've had one now for about a month. Just got back from a 4,250.5 mile trip to Sturgis. No problems with it so far. I tested it using boiling water and ice water and it's accurate within a few degrees.

I have never actually seen one of these and was wondering if the newer models have the oil level marking on the stick in case you want to check the oil level manually.

Back