free website stats program Digital oil dip stick | Harley Davidson Forums

Digital oil dip stick

hoop

Hello all
I just bought this looks good are they hard to set up? hoop:bigsmiley11::bigsmiley11:

Hey Hoop they don't have a good track record like Bud says so don;t throw your old stick away, you got instructions with it right? Keep us posted on how it works, they look very cool and maybe harley got it together on these new ones. good luck

I had considered it a couple of times but after hearing this I'll scratch that one off the list.

Thanks

Hello all
I just bought this looks good are they hard to set up? hoop:bigsmiley11::bigsmiley11:

I bought one and put it on my 08 FLHRC. It's nice to be able to check oil temp on my scoot w/o having to install a separate gauge. That's the good news. Bad news....they are not very accurate and sometimes can take quite a few minutes before you can get an accurate reading on the fill level. (Gotta wait on all of the bubbles to settle before it will read accurate) Looks cool, but if you want looks w/ functionality I would save the cash and just get the chrome dipstick. As far as the thing not working anymore, I have had mine for 2 years and it still works. Screen is readable and backlight is nice at night. I check mine all the time for temp. Fill level after a good run. Usually come home, park it for a few, then go out and check levels.

I have to agree with Barttoday, I have had mine for 2 years now and it still works fine. I check on the temp all the time in the heat of summer. I still use the stock one to check the oil when servicing.

What do you mean by "set up" I bought one for my 09 SG and 13k miles it still works great. I didn't have to do any set up, but there are directions for rotating the lcd screen if it doesn't line up right.

Hello all

DSCN0794-1.jpg

This is the oil temp anallog guage/dipstick and works great...2 years running, and at the time was about $32 with 20% discount (an early acquisition when I go my Sporty in August 2008...works great, fits flush and easier to deal with than the pop up one that came stock (kept on poping up when my thigh would hit it and drove me crazy). :swoon

Ive got an analogue temp guage/dipstick on the sportster and the softail can be handy to know when you need to stop and let the engine cool down for a while havent seen temp over 200f for the last 4 years thought i was getting old that it wasnt getting hot like it used to but global weather change seems to make my summer colder and wetter than i remember

Brian

Back