free website stats program Diagnostic Code | Harley Davidson Forums

Diagnostic Code

tourbox

Yesterday after going home, the back way, from a breakfast run I stopped for a guy on the side of the road to see if he had a problem.
He was on a 2010(?) Soft Tail Deluxe. He said he had a Red light come on and didn't know what it was about. I asked if he had check it for codes but he didn't know how to. The Red light, small round one, was to the right of the speedo needle. There was no CEL on.
I showed him how to check for the codes and that's when I became a little confused. His speedo display was different from mine on the UC. When it went into Diag. I pressed the reset again, it said ECM...N,next press,BCM...Y,next press I believe was SPDM...N. I asked if he had a owners manual with him but he didn't, it was at home.
I would assume he had a BCM code due to the Y indication. I did some Forum research for the new style code indications but didn't find anything. There were no numbers for codes just Y or N.
Anybody got some info on the new style diag. or did I do it wrong. My curious nature kicking in again.
tourbox

Well after doing more research it seems this Little Red Light has to do with the BCM.
Read one article where a guys Low beam was out, Red light on. Switch to High beam,Red light out. He changed the head light, problem solved.
I wonder what all the BCM controls. More Electronics to solve.
Give me a set of POINTS PLEASE,lol
tourbox

The BCM (Body control module) now takes the place of the TSSM codes. So now the modules you see during a WOW test are ECM BCM, SPDO, TACH and ABS.

The security lamp functions in the same manner as the check
engine lamp, except that it is controlled by the BCM. The
security lamp will be turned on when current codes are present
in the BCM.

Here is a list of some of the new BCM codes. The formatting is messed up a little, but you can get an idea of how many new codes there are. They fall into the BXXXX family of codes like the TSSM/TSM use to be.

Attachments

• BCM Codes.rtf
    4.7 KB · Views: 103
Thanks Hoople, I figured you would know. But one of the questions is it showed a Y for BCM, no #'s. How would you get the code # or do you have to use the Digital Tech.?
tourbox

But one of the questions is it showed a Y for BCM, no #'s. How would you get the code #

TourBox, I have not done it yet myself, but I think this attachment should be the answer. A WOW test should be all that is needed to see any stored codes. Let me know if you need or want more info. It looks like the bikes with BCM's are a whole new way of doing things.

Attachments

• Diagnostic Y & N.pdf
    78 KB · Views: 69
Back