free website stats program diablo | Harley Davidson Forums

diablo

diablo

I live in Montreal Canada and bought myself a 2009 Ultra Classic and after the first 1,000 miles I change my motor oil for AMSoil 20w 50 full synthetic.What do you think for the gear box if I use AMSoil Severe gear 75W 110 or 75W 140.

Thanks guys

I think the Redline is a great choice also and have used it for many years. I found when I switched to the Spectro Platinum GL5 that it is a bit easier to use when doing a service but the main thing I found is that on a cold start in colder climates, the Spectro will give you better shifting while the trans is warming up over the redline.
That was my main reason for going from the Redline to Spectro but both are excellent choices.

I use the amsoil 75w140 no problems. I tried all the ones mentioned and maybe because I live in Seattle are (less climate changes than many other states) have not really noticed enough difference to matter. All good.

I put the Amsoil 75w140 in my road glide at about 2,000 miles. It quieted the whine in 5th gear a lot. Still hear the whine some so in about a month I will try some Spectro to see how that works.

Back