free website stats program Deuce backrest; hi or lo. Opinions? | Harley Davidson Forums

Deuce backrest; hi or lo. Opinions?

Hi,

New to forum, seeking input. Contemplating the HD Deuce sissy bar and luggage holder for trips with the spouse.
Thinking the lower backrest/pad looks better, anyone experienced with advantages/disadvantages of either option?

Thanks,

K.

My Deuce came with the stock eat with the smallest pad and short upright. Functional, and unobtrusive. My buddy referred to it as the 'thong' model as it kinda nestles in... well! *LOL* With The Sundowner I also added the wider, taller pad, but kept the short bracket. My only thought is that MAYBE the taller bracket would give better support to my two larger tour bags. The better half hasn't mentioned anything about wanting the taller backrest so I have to say she is okay with the height as is!
Enjoy your time here in the forum! Some GREAT people :newsmile036: here and so willing to add their input and opinions. I've been here just over a year and enjoy every visit. You will soon see what I mean!
So, enjoy and ride safe! :newsmile011:

I guess it's different strokes for different folks. Personally, I prefer the shorter type. Just looks sleeker to me and blends in better with the lines of the bike. Others may see differently. JMO.

Hi,

New to forum, seeking input. Contemplating the HD Deuce sissy bar and luggage holder for trips with the spouse.
Thinking the lower backrest/pad looks better, anyone experienced with advantages/disadvantages of either option?

Thanks,

K.

Any backrest on that bike will take away from the looks .. and so will a windshield.

My woman says the low backrests are not comfortable .. but they make you feel safe.

She says the hi back rests are very comfortable.

I would recommend the hi backrest with the quick detach system. That way your woman will be comfortable an when your solo you can take it off and look good.

I currently have this setup on both of my bikes and love it.

I must say I agree on both counts, neither the backrest or windshield add to the appearance, since less is more, the "badlander" seat minus the 'shield is much preferrable. When it comes to long hausls, comfort for rider and passenger would dictate the stock seat, backrest and windshield take priority over looking "bad". Since the backrest mounting plate and windshield are easily removable, there are options. Small sacrifice for the short term...

Thanks,

K

I have the short one with the small backrest. Although my wife has never complained about the height or size of the pad, I'm going to get the larger pad. I don't like the look of the backrest and windshield, but I also want us to be comfortable.
BIKE-JULY2008A-1.jpg

I've removed the luggage rack since the above photo, but here is what it previously supported.

PICT1208.jpg

When I had my Deuce I used the short upright for everyday use. I had a taller one made by a local machine shop to use when I put on my tall/large rack bag. the shorter one would not support it very well. By the way I have the taller one for sale if you are interested. It's powder coated flat black.

Back