free website stats program Detachable Windshield - Security | Harley Davidson Forums

Detachable Windshield - Security

lowrider1963

Have a detachable windshield on my 2010 FXDC and I like the ease to remove, but seems easy for someone to steal. I saw HD has a new lock for the windshield, has anyone used this yet?

Use a simple bicycle aircraft cable lock...quick and easy. Can you post up the HD one you saw...? Just curious about the look and cost...:bigsmiley6:

Use a simple bicycle aircraft cable lock...quick and easy. Can you post up the HD one you saw...? Just curious about the look and cost...:bigsmiley6:

Try part #5740006, 5740007, 574008. Depending on fork size. Look exactly like normal detachable brackets. $39.95 (new item)

I had a friend get his stolen in Kingman, AZ while eating breakfast. The biggest loss was not the windshield but the prescription sunglasses that were in the windshield bag.

tn409s3.jpg

Blademan, thanks for the heads up. I think it looks pretty good...only problem is just another key to carry around...!

Looks nice. Not worried about carrying another key as the only time I would take the shield off is a home to clean or a short ride. Since shield is 'locked' in place, do not see when/why I would need remove on the road?

Back