free website stats program Detachable Tour Pak Positions | Harley Davidson Forums

Detachable Tour Pak Positions

Does the detachable tour pak provide 3 positions ,full forward,1" back,and 2" back and if that is the case a person wouldn't have to buy a relocator kit.

I don't think mine does. Whe wife says that there is much more room when I put the back rest on vs the tour pack. I wish I could slide mine another couple of inches back. They must make some type of adjustable bracket.

When I installed the detach tour pack on my RK I drilled the mount and set it back an extra inch. (2 1/2 from stock) On those long trips it gives the ole lady much more freedom for differnt seating positions so I do not have to stop so much. I could not tell any difference in handling as long as shocks are aired up properly.

Does the detachable tour pak provide 3 positions ,full forward,1" back,and 2" back and if that is the case a person wouldn't have to buy a relocator kit.

My quick detach rack, has two positions available. The tourpack itself has two positions to mount to the round bar that bolts to the rack. I have mine all the way back and my 120 lb. wife feels cramped if I use the driver backrest. My buddy got the Kuryakyn relocate kit (pricy), and his wife loves the extra room.

Did you drill back an 1" on the tour pacck rack or the support tube and do you think think this will weaken it with the tour pak loaded and luggage on top?

I drilled the support tube and have had mine fully loaded. I feels as secure as it does in the factory drilled holes. It has been this way 3 years with many loaded, long trips with no issues what so ever.

Back