free website stats program Detachable Tour Pack | Harley Davidson Forums

Detachable Tour Pack

glider.

BOT Machine
Here's a list that "Jammr" posted for the detachable kit to fit his 05 Ultra Classic. He got the parts from Zanotti's HD.

ZANOTTI MOTOR CO. Home page

https://www.zanottimotor.com Parts look up page.

The deed is done! Since the HD parts manual does not include the Ultra in the fitment matrix for the necessary parts, it took quite a bit of research. Thanks to all here who tried to help. Someone also said to ask the dealer and they'll look it right up but, sadly, that wasn't the case. I talked to three different dealers, and got three different answers along with a slew of bad part numbers.

Now, for the good part. I checked prices everywhere and found (on Mr. Data's advice) that Zanottis had the absolute rock-bottom prices. The whole job, including a new sissy bar and pad cost under $600. I'm putting the part numbers here for anyone who wants to do the same mod to an 05 Ultra. Hopefully it will save you a lot of research and frustration. :s

53303-07 - pack kit w/rack, license plate mount, docking points.
53803-06 - docking kit for sissy bar.
70113-08 - light harness
52933-97B - standard height sissy bar
52886-98C - sissy pad w/mounting plate
52825-05 - backrest mount (this is optional. The pad comes with a mounting plate but it's cheesy looking and this is an upgrade.)

The handling is completely different without the "pizza box" on the back. Lean and cornering are much improved. I had to raise the right side floorboard after dragging it around a corner. :p It's much easier to hold up at a stop too, without all that top weight.

Back