free website stats program Detachable tour pack for 08 Ultra? | Harley Davidson Forums

Detachable tour pack for 08 Ultra?

camo4life

I know I have seen other bikes besides the Ultra with detachable tour packs. I was thinking about one for my Ultra when just around town and without the wife. Anyone have any pictures or know if HD has this?

Take off the tour pak and Whalla..Streetglide with a bigger windshield.

There you go...catching on to HD' marketing stategy...tweak here and there and you have a new model for those who are sitting on a fence.

BTW just a little cautionary note...when adding a tourpack remember not to overload it too much...yeah-yeah sound'in like a grandpa...but putting 20-30lbs higher up from center of gravity may cause headshake or rear end wallowing so think about a stabilizer if in long high speed sweepers you get that "funny handling feeling." :s

There you go...catching on to HD' marketing stategy...tweak here and there and you have a new model for those who are sitting on a fence.

BTW just a little cautionary note...when adding a tourpack remember not to overload it too much...yeah-yeah sound'in like a grandpa...but putting 20-30lbs higher up from center of gravity may cause headshake or rear end wallowing so think about a stabilizer if in long high speed sweepers you get that "funny handling feeling." :s

We go for long rides 10-14 days 2 up,put our travel bag and my computer in the tour pack, raingear and cooler on top and I have never had a problem, the only time it feels top heavy is when your holding the bike as your passenger is gatting on. HD does have a removeable kit for the 08 with antennae relocate kit, for 08 you don't have to relocate the lis. plate o7 down you do.

Below is how my great '09 EGC looks with the rear "station-wagon" (tour pack) removed (via kit). I love it, for exactly the infered reason > now I got me my StreetGlide!! :bigsmiley6:

Attachments

• 09 HD ElectraGlide (3).jpg
    09 HD ElectraGlide (3).jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 09 HD ElectraGlide (2).jpg
    09 HD ElectraGlide (2).jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 1008_Fall and MC (9).jpg
    1008_Fall and MC (9).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 127
Thanks everybody now I have an idea.

Thanks for the pictures that really helped sell me on it. Biglew55 our bikes are the same color so yours really sold me.

Ride safe.

I had it done on my 05 Electra Glide Standard. Got mine in the orginal chopper blue color.
l_b28a19d6fa0b4f0b8fc3a96fe429ed80.jpg

l_935633580d8147f48a82bdb0c51135b0.jpg

l_93afe524181d4a84a6b2f6de959b5e52.jpg
index.cfm

I got the hardware from the Dealer and installed everything myself. It is not that hard to do.

NICE LOOKIN' SCOOT Biglew55!! I like the idea of a RK seat too. I'll be lookin' for one myself. Thanks ...:D

One thing I like about my '09 RK is that I can add a fairing and/or tour pak without having to do any mods or take anything off. The ultimate in flexibility in my view!

Back