free website stats program Detachable sissybar | Harley Davidson Forums

Detachable sissybar

sprinklerfitter669

does anybody have any good or bad comments about these.
i was thinling of getting the detachable side plates to remove my sissybar, for when the other half does not want to go for a ride, or to change up the look.
i just want to make sure nobody has problems with them, and they are safe.

I just added those to my bike for the same reason. I love them. Totally changes the look of the bike. Fit is solid and comes off easy. as long as you are going to add them you might as well get a solo seat for it. if you look in my photo album you can see the 2 up and the solo pics of "STELLA"

I left the bags on mine with the solo set up. I like the bags cause i have my harley hat, gloves, a 12 volt outlet for my GPS. extra cans of snuff and a drink for those long rides.

I am going to leave the bags on, i just want to use the barebacks from cyclevison for a quick take off. for cleaning, or to change the look. but most of the time the bags will stay on

My neighbor and I both have detachable sissy bars on our Road Glides. Easy on and easy off. Very solid. No problems.

Good option for riders & attaching travel items, but easily accessable to theft. I've known quite a few people who went into an establishment & came out to find their backrest gone. Might want to also invest in some way to secure it, take off when not using, or bring inside when you leave bike unattended for long periods. IMO, just a caution to ponder...

i heard of bags being stolen, but never though of the sissybar. any ideas on how to secure it?
i read that the barebacks can be turned with a wrench when the bags are on, doesnt make it theft prof, just har to get them off

Back