free website stats program Denim paint problems. | Harley Davidson Forums

Denim paint problems.

Sadie

My 2008 RG has crimson red denim paint. When I purchased this bike the dealer did not inform me to not wax the bike, so I did. I know have a problem with the finish on the bike turning a chalky white in blotchs after it has been washed or ridden hard in a heavy rain storm. The only way to remove this chalky colour is to rewax it. However when I had the old turn pack repainted to mount on the new bike I had is clear coated, clear coat was applied as a mat finish, and it does not turn chalky. Has any one incountered this problem?
Sadie

Sadie, Once you get it off I can suggest that, I have a 2009 Nightster with the Dark Custom GRIND, Chisel Paint Sets in black demin, all I ever use on it is HD Harley Gloss, spray it on, wait a short bit, towel to a buff, keeps the flat finish of the demin moist, not all dried up, but has no shine to it, like brand new dull finish ... great product, highly recommended.

Other than that I hope you come up with a way to take it off, Try the Dawn soap trick, Good Luck :)

Spray it with windex with amonia,it won't harm the clear but it will take all the wax off.After that just wash it with cold water and towel off.

Like others have said, you need to get the wax off and dish soap will usually do the trick (also why it is a bad choice for standard washing).

Many dish soaps have abrasives in them for cleaning purposes and can leave swirl marks in your paint job.

I use only water and windex when really dirty. The first thing my dealer told me was not to wax it. And for sure don't pledge it.

Back