free website stats program Demo Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Demo Ride

IR Rick

Would you bike a new bike off the floor after the dealer let othe riders take it for demo, I have a dealer over here i was looking at a CVO and they had already let it go on on test rides, I was thinking the first 50 miles would deturmen the lift of the engine, And I for one would NOT buy a $ 37,000 bike that somebody ran the It hard the first miles of it life,:(

Since the bike has been "demoed" it would have lost a couple $K even if only 50 miles. Other than that...it is still a baby and if it happened to be THE bike that hits your soft spot...NEGOTIATE is key. JMO as sales is purely an emotional roller coaster ride...a Harley is NOT an investment that makes good "sense" LOL, it is a luxury best served with constant use and packs a lot of good times between those axles...JMO!

If the price was right I would not have a problem buying a demo bike as I don't think people abuse a demo unit quite the same as a rental unit and we all know how we treat a rental :D

I would want to test ride any new bike that I was going to buy, so maybe most of them have some milage.

I agree, I would buy a new bike with under 100 or so miles. One thing to consider is some of the first out of the box bugs will probably have been taken care of from the test rides. also, it is a prime bike to work a decent negotiation on, and part of the deal should be the extended warranty. I am not sure if Motorcycles follow the same guidlines as automobiles when what it requires to be on mileage to still be considered new. I think 300 is still the cut off for vehicles but i may be mistaken.:s

Of course you'd miss the new engine break-in recommendation period, but I agree w/others. These newer motors are pretty tolerant to abuse & are designed to last. I wouldn't have any problem w/demo bike...for the right price ;)

Lets face it, if "THAT BIKE" gets your attention it won't really matter to you. You might try to dicker the dealer down but if you gotta have that bike it is a done deal, you are hooked.
kemo

Check with Your state license/title department and ask How Many Miles on the odometer it takes to be called a Demo or a Used bike..

I can't remember for sure but think it to be under 26/30 to be called NEW.

signed....BUBBIE

Check with Your state license/title department and ask How Many Miles on the odometer it takes to be called a Demo or a Used bike..

I can't remember for sure but think it to be under 26/30 to be called NEW.

signed....BUBBIE

This is very good advice first off, after finding this out every thing else should be negotable

Back