free website stats program Deluxe vs. Lowered Heritage | Harley Davidson Forums

Deluxe vs. Lowered Heritage

flyingbiker

Can anyone tell me the difference and pros/cons of buying a lowered Heritage as opposed to a Deluxe? I'm a 5' 6" girl .. I like the balance, feel and ability to sit flat footed on a Deluxe but am being told lowering a Heritage would make it the same bike. Sceptical.

Well, I owned a Deluxe and loved it. The question you have to ask yourself is this: which one do you like the best? Which one catches your eye? A deluxe comes lower, so there is no modification needed. A Heritage comes with all the bags and add on's. Trouble is, they are permanent. My Deluxe had detachable bags, windshield, backrest and a solo corbin seat. All that could be easily removed in a few minutes. Some will tell you it costs more than just buying the Heritage. True, but you do not get the option to remove. Trust me, it is like having two completely different bikes. To me it was well worth it. The Deluxe rode like a perfectly balanced machine, looked great and no lowering mods needed. I love the Heritage as well. It will cost less to go with the heritage and if you want all the baggage all the time go for it. But I think the Deluxe is one of the best bikes HD makes. Good luck with your decision. Ride safe.

Thanks everyone!!!! My gut says Deluxe....I like the clean look..not into luggage and backseats. I will let you know what I end up with and post pics. I appreciate everyone's info...such a big purchase.

I am 5' 6"" and would go with the Deluxe, as it is lowered already and setup that way without modification; less chance of it having a "punishing" ride or bottoming out on a rough or "swervy" road on a modified & lowered Heritage...JMO :eam

Thanks everyone!!!! My gut says Deluxe....I like the clean look..not into luggage and backseats. I will let you know what I end up with and post pics. I appreciate everyone's info...such a big purchase.

As most here will say.. go with your gut. It is almost always right. The Deluxe gives you BOTH rides. And I promise...you will LOVE it.:)

My wife is only 5'4" 120 lbs and she chose the Deluxe over all that Harley had to offer. I have owned motorcycles since the 70's and from experience bikes do not perform well when lowered. You take away from how it was designed and most of the time will ride much more stiff. We put a Harley reach seat which is much more narrow and also pushed her more to the front over the original and allowed her to be flat footed when seated. For long trips this bike handles great and enought weight over the Sporster to make the ride smooth and comfortable. She has several times traveled over 500 miles in a single day and will ride anytime I say let's go.

I ride a 1999 Heritage, and I am 5'8". If you lower the bike, you will severly limit your ability to turn this bike. Now lots of practice, or really good riding skills, and that won't be too much of an issue. I can make the same corner, at the same speed, and one time I will drag my floorboards send out a spark show for all to see, and the next time I wont. The difference is how I set up for the turn, and how I distribute my weight. You can replace the stock seat with a lower profile seat as I did, I added removeable brackets for my saddle bags. I can go from Heritage for FatBoy in about 10 minutes with only a few common tools. Two bolts for the windscreen, and two for the saddlebags. If you ride enough, you will miss not having bags available. I may (edited) about my "bagger", but when my friends need the "extra" stuff I carry along with me they stop talking! Good luck and pick the one that talks to you, and the one that feels right. You can add or remove almost anything!

Back