free website stats program Deka batteries? | Harley Davidson Forums

Deka batteries?

89 FXRS

I believe Deka is the manufacture of the original factory H-D batteries, I looked up the battery for a dresser on their site (EXT30L) and it says" Does not meet Harley Davidson OEM specifications" All the specs. appear to be identical, so I'm not understanding what's the difference between the two?
Does anyone know of any differences?
Has anyone used the EXT30L and if so, how well has it worked for you?
Any feedback would be appreciated - thanks - FXRS

I believe Deka is the manufacture of the original factory H-D batteries, I looked up the battery for a dresser on their site (EXT30L) and it says" Does not meet Harley Davidson OEM specifications" All the specs. appear to be identical, so I'm not understanding what's the difference between the two?

Deka is the house brand of East Penn Mfg., the supplier of oem Harley batteries.
Most companies sign "non compete" contracts with manufacturers for their products, so we will buy from our dealer (cars, appliances,lawn mowers,etc.).
In the Deka case, the battery terminals are recessed about 1/4" from being flush with the edge, so that a spacer is required (supplied) for installation, also the Deka battery has slightly different cca rating, and probably other insignificant differences, that "by the book" don't meet Harley OEM specs. I and many others have used Deka batteries with great success, and cost savings. I hope this helps.

Deka is the house brand of East Penn Mfg., the supplier of oem Harley batteries.
Most companies sign "non compete" contracts with manufacturers for their products, so we will buy from our dealer (cars, appliances,lawn mowers,etc.).
In the Deka case, the battery terminals are recessed about 1/4" from being flush with the edge, so that a spacer is required (supplied) for installation, also the Deka battery has slightly different cca rating, and probably other insignificant differences, that "by the book" don't meet Harley OEM specs. I and many others have used Deka batteries with great success, and cost savings. I hope this helps.

Thanks Breeze - I did some looking around and read that in addition to the terminals being different the CCA on the H-D battery is 365 and the Deka is 400 - kind of strange isn't it? If this is true, all the more reason to go with the Deka.

Thanks Breeze - I did some looking around and read that in addition to the terminals being different the CCA on the H-D battery is 365 and the Deka is 400 - kind of strange isn't it? If this is true, all the more reason to go with the Deka.

Harley Davidson Forums East penn has been making quality batteries here in the USA for years, including the Sears Die Hard meeting or exceeding OEM specs:s

I recently went with a Glass Belt tech-knowledge??

Deka batteries carried by my little parts store, specifically for the HD's in our Little area in Az. Off the Beaten Path of Modern Civilization....:rofl

I am very pleased with that Deka battery. Fit right in and hooked right up... IT did cost more than the BIG jeep battery of recent @ 89$, but FAR less than HD's for their version of their (Deka) battery.

Seemed I paid 130 out the door (tax incld.) for the Deka HD battery AND Only a 1/2 mile from home and 90 miles one way to the closest Little HD shop.

Happy:p

signed....BUBBIE

Ordered/installed EXT30L battery in my 09 FLHX from Batterymart.com and, other than the labeling, you can't tell difference fm OEM HD. Can't beat the price (cheaper) & convenience (delivered in 3-days). Will order replacement battery for my 03 Sportster, when we're closer to riding season here in NE.

for what its worth, I help at our local indy shop here and we will only sell HD batteries. We tried selling other batteries, Deka included, and they would fail. I can't tell you what the difference is, but we do not have any luck with off brands. We think that Harley's just shake other batteries apart. I had the same experience with my old evo, put a die-hard on it and it only lasted a little over 1 year. use HD battery now If you already have a Deka battery, let us know how it holds up.

for what its worth, I help at our local indy shop here and we will only sell HD batteries. We tried selling other batteries, Deka included, and they would fail. I can't tell you what the difference is, but we do not have any luck with off brands. We think that Harley's just shake other batteries apart. I had the same experience with my old evo, put a die-hard on it and it only lasted a little over 1 year. use HD battery now If you already have a Deka battery, let us know how it holds up.

Deka Sportspower Batteries

Battery Service Corporation carries a complete line of replacement batteries for Harley Davidson Motorcycles. We know how valuable your Harley is, so when you need a new battery, you'll find our quality, selection and price of Sportspower Batteries to be unbeatable.

• American Made.
• Same manufacture as the original Harley Davidson battery.
• Sealed AGM "Gel Type" Batteries.
• No Corrosion.
• No Maintenance.
• Vibration Resistant.
• Long Life.
• Heavy Duty Posts. This is from Deka:D

I replaced my 3 year old HD battery with a Big Crank EXT30L from Batterymart last spring. I think I paid $99 with free shipping. Fit right in fine with no problems so far.

Has anyone USED a LITHIUM battery??? was wondering if it is worth the money.? My local HD mechanic got some in but charging $300 for them. Super light and higher Amps. but-----:panic

Back