free website stats program Dehotification of Cat exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Dehotification of Cat exhaust

cambre04

What a difference a de-catted header pipe makes...I switched my '10 Limited headers for pipe with the cat removed and the difference was immediate...

The heat under the right thigh was gone, the bike feel strong and more responsive to throttlr twist, more pull in 6th gear, and my gas mileage is up...I will see how much on long trip through Memphis, Tn., to Amarillo, Tx. and back home to Maryland in a few weeks...

If it is that much better, you may have to fatten up the A/F mixture. (if the VE improves, you need more fuel)

By removing the cat won't this affect the mapping as well as the O2 sensors? I mean I have actually thought of doing this myself. Of course I guess it would make no differance than changing out the whole exhaust.

I believe the cats are after the O2 sensors so there should be no need to change your fuel settings. If you change the air or exhausts then put a TFI on.

Exactly how did you do it? Is it the deal from Fullsac or is there a way to do this yourself? Can you please explain? Thanks.

Your Cat's were before the O2 sensors. I took my cats out, replaced with V&H Power Duals and Hi Out put slip on's, put a PCV and a High Flow AC. Wow, what a difference. The map I'm running right now is giving me plenty of power and I average between 39 and 41 MPG. My freeway speeds are consistantly 75-80 MPH....

Just had decatted header pipe put on my 11 SG. Noticed a little better tone from SE pipes but havent had time to ride yet. I have a SE stg 1 air cleaner, 4" SE pipes and stg 1 remap. Should be good to go, hopefully heat is reduced and pick up a little power.

I just de-catted my pipe and put it back on Wed. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet but it is a tad louder and you can tell it is going to be more responsive just by blipping the throttle. I called V/H and got a totally new map for the Fuelpack. Can't wait to ride without the heat( although it might be nice to have during the winter months):p

guys, did you go with the fullsac deal or another brand? All I really want to do is get rid of the heat. It cant be good on the heads and the upper end. Its not that I dont want more power but dont feel like messing with the ECM right now. Got too much money in the 2011 right now. If I do just de-cat the head pipe, will I need to change the air fuel or not? I dont even want to ask the dealership because they wont know. Thanks.

Back