free website stats program Death Wobble/Stabilizers | Harley Davidson Forums

Death Wobble/Stabilizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

franka

If it's the general consensus that some Harley's can or will experience this freighting wobble at high speeds and through turns why doesn't the motor company install stabilizers as stock equipment? With documented cases including serious injury and fatalities in some cases are they not open for a massive lawsuit? What's your thought?

re: Death Wobble/Stabilizers

Just a guess but I think if they were to start installing stabilizers, it is almost admitting that the bike should have had it from the beginning. Think of that problem, going back to the beginning of time. They have to deny it from day 1 and stick to that story just like Toyota did with the drive by wire issue and out of control/runaway cars. It's way too late to correct a mistake like that.

re: Death Wobble/Stabilizers

It is not just Harleys that have this problem. There are so many variables in what causes the wobble and just as many "experts" that it would be impossible for any manufacturer to address them all. There are volumes written on this subject and from my perspective most wobbles are the fault of the rider not paying attention to road conditions, maintenance, speed or just plain inexperience. Do I think that a stabilizer will help? Yes, I run one on my 05FLTRI. Do I check my air pressure, front neck bearings, wheel bearings etc. etc. etc.? Yes I do. If you were a motorcycle manufacturer would you put something on the bike that is not necessary according to design standards? Would you want one more thing that someone who paid no attention to road conditions, or maint. could drag you into court over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back