free website stats program Dealers!?!?!???!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers!?!?!???!!!

EMGLIDE

WAS CHECKING BIKE OVER AND WAS GOING TO CHANGE PRIMARY FLUID WHEN I FOUND THAT ONE OF THE BOLTS TO THE DERBY COVER WAS SEIZED/STRIPPED.I DAMAGED OR BROKE 3 T-27s TRYING TO GET IT LOOSE.
TOOK TO LOCAL DEALER WHERE IT WAS PURCHASED AND WHERE 1 K SERVICE WAS DONE.SERVICE ADVISOR LOOKED AT ME DUMB FOUNDED THAT I WAS EVEN ASKING THEM TO TAKE CARE OF IT.I EXPLAINED THAT THE BIKE IS UNDER WARRANTY AND THAT THEY WERE THE LAST ONES TO TO TOUCH THE COVER,FINALLY AFTER REITERATING THINGS A COUPLE MORE TIMES THEY SAID WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT AND NOT CHARGE ME,SO NOW BIKE IS ON SCHEDULE TO BE FIXED IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS.
ITS A CRYING SHAME YOU HAVE TO ARGUE OVER SOMETHING THAT SIMPLE,I WORK AS A TECH AT NEW CAR DEALER AND HAVE TO DO DIFFERENT THINGS LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME,EVEN FOR PEOPLE WHO DIDNT BUY THEIR CAR FROM US BUT ARE STILL UNDER WARRANTY.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ON THE MATTER?

Next post TURN OFF your CAPS LOCK.

Please don't use all caps it makes it hard to read and its considered yelling

I think we're all human and make mistakes but they should have owned up to the situation and made things right without the fuss.

+1 on the caps lock - I got a headache from reading your post.

Good customer service is rare, but hopefully in these tougher times more HD dealers will be clamouring for business and a good reputation. That said, it helps to be assertive, but at the same time being as it is under warranty you have to try to work with the dealer. Hopefully your relationship with the dealer will grow to a point where they appreciate your business...or you will have to find one who does.

I think we're all human and make mistakes but they should have owned up to the situation and made things right without the fuss.

+1 on the caps lock - I got a headache from reading your post.

your a better man than i I couldnt read it hurt the eyes

Last edited:
Since I have had my 08 RKC I have used Adamec Harley in Jax, FL and have had nothing but great service from them. I f I had a problem like yours, they would have fixed it right then and there. I think they are rated as #8 in the nation.

Those torx screws are a real pain. I had to use a hammer & chisel on 2 of them the first time I took off the derby. Now there are 5 stainless steel allen screws holding it down. (btw, I understand about internet law and using upper case but hard to read?? Before computers & for a bit after, upper case was all that was used in both military & civilian communications. Military (& merchant marine) communication typewriters didn't even have lower case. Most if not all teletype machines (Western Union) also had no lower case. And as a geezer, with geezer eyes I find upper case MUCH easier to read. (And internet law to be rather silly.))

I would pay close attention to their idea of a "solution" to your problem. They should replace the outer primary cover, since they messed up the threads in it, and possibly the derby cover also. You should not end-up with a "re-fitted" part on your bike because of their error.

Back