free website stats program Dealer's extra charge | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealer's extra charge

oldhippie

Dropped off my wheels and tires at HD of Winnipeg today to have my new tires installed and balanced. After I'd brought them all in, the service guy told me they charge an extra $25/tire for installing tires not bought from them. I was a little miffed but figured what the hay, I saved almost $300 by NOT buying the tires from them so I could donate the extra money to their business. Although I may not be a return customer in the future.

Time to find an Indy that will do it for you. Dont let HD's greed rip your hard earned money from you. I'd much rather pay the indy what he wants to do it. I take the wheels off and take them to him..

The $25.00 per wheel mount is normal. Even if you purchased the overpriced tires from dealer you probably would have had pay to mount new tires. How much did they charge you to balance wheels?

My nearest indy will mount and balance tyres for me but he will charge me for the pleasure
As it is a 50 mile round trip I am as quick at replacing the tyres myself and as I have been changing my own tyres since 1976 I have a wee bit of experience but it is not difficult

Brian

He said and extra $25!
That's why I asked how much to balance. Usually it is a additional charge plus weights above the mounting fee. In 2008 at dealer the charge was a half hour labor plus balance and weights per wheel carry in. If bike dropped off it was a hour for front wheel and a hour and a half for rear wheel plus balance and weights. If brake pads needed while wheels off there was a extra charge of a hour per wheel to install pads. Sooooo it was easy to pay well over $500.00 plus tax for 2 tires bought and installed at dealer.

That's why I asked how much to balance. Usually it is a additional charge plus weights above the mounting fee. In 2008 at dealer the charge was a half hour labor plus balance and weights per wheel carry in. If bike dropped off it was a hour for front wheel and a hour and a half for rear wheel plus balance and weights. If brake pads needed while wheels off there was a extra charge of a hour per wheel to install pads. Sooooo it was easy to pay well over $500.00 plus tax for 2 tires bought and installed at dealer.

Complete ripoff.

At first I thought this meant what they can get over list.People are waiting in line for the low rider S model,pretty sure it will go for over list.Seems like a good deal of stuff for the $ too.

Time to find an Indy that will do it for you. Dont let HD's greed rip your hard earned money from you. I'd much rather pay the indy what he wants to do it. I take the wheels off and take them to him..

It was an Indy that put in the liquid tire balance. Didn't tell me ahead of time that they used that. Since Dunlop will not warranty the tire if a liquid is used, I wasn't going back there.

Yeah, that's $25/tire over and above the install & balance. I did take the wheels in loose. My local Yamaha dealer doesn't do balancing but still charges the same for installing the tire so I'd still have to take them somewhere else and pay the extra for them to be balanced. I'll know better for next time and the HD dealer will not be my first choice.

Back