free website stats program dealer wants to give me 9 grand trade in for a streetglide | Harley Davidson Forums

dealer wants to give me 9 grand trade in for a streetglide

freebyrd

i got a 07 streetbob and they got an 08 streetglide in denim blue they want to get rid of
according to harleys website they're calculator says my payments will end up less than what i'm paying now

what to do?

i

good advice smitty i don't want to get to upside down on payments, always wanted a streetglide though the day i bought the bob i kept eyeing a streetglide like an amsterdam (edit):small3d023:

Last edited by a moderator:
My advice would be to try and sell your streetbob outright . You will get more if you do. I put my Night Train on Ebay and while it didn't sell the guy who bought it saw it on Ebay. After the auction was up the phone calls started . I ended up selling it for more than what I had in it. Stick to your guns with what you want for it. There will still be plenty of Street Glides waiting after you sell the Bob

Good luck Bro

Lesson number 1, you never trade anything in!

Yeah, what he said!

I thought about trading my 90 FLHS in when I bought my 08 Ultra but dealer said he would only give my $5000. for it. I told the dealer I would give him $5000. for every 90 FLHS he could find me in the condition mine was in. He just laughed. ***. I sold it privately for $8000.

I agree, sell it privately. They are giving slightly over trade in value at 9K but it is still wholesale price when it can be sold for retail price.

Suggested Retail Value
$12,715

(KBB)

Street Bob's are selling for around 10-11 depending on what you have on it, mileage...When I was looking around 10 became my limit, since I saw so many going on eBay and Craigslist for this price, got mine for under 10. Although with the new silver 09s, I'm sure more people will be wanting the earlier ones (My opinion of course), and may be why the dealer wants your bike too.

I agree with most everyone else as far as selling your current bike on your own. Where I will deviate is this - I would seriously consider a 2009 Street Glide. The MOCO made significant improvements to the 2009 touring family and I really don't think the price will be that much different than a new 2008.

To add to the confusion, the "improvements" that they made are new to the lineup as was the 96 engine in 07 with it's problems and the cruise drive transmission in 07 with it's problems. I would personally lean towards the pre 07 bikes which had less problems. JMHO

Back