free website stats program Dealer said you dont remap on 2010 flhx ??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealer said you dont remap on 2010 flhx ???

booquick

I want to install the screaming eagle slip on and the screaming eagle air cleaner and asked about remapping. Dealer said on the 2010 models and back a few years you did not remap but used something like EZFI tuner, which is different fromwhat I was told a few months ago by someone different at the same dealer who said you do remap. I'm not planning on any future major modifications to the engine so I want to keep it simple.

thanks

so I am thinking about getting the D&D exhaust (full system- header and muffler), and to go along with that, a screaming eagle air cleaner. I got some good info from a member here on the sight, and he said that you dont need to tune the bike, but to get the best potential it should be later on. This do it yourself tuning kit... where do you get it? Thanks.

Just type TFI in the search box and you will be busy for awhile.
Installed one on my 05 RKC (Hi flow AC and SE slipons) and couldn't be happier.
Easy install and adjustment. Can be readjusted if you want to go a little further with the mods. Under $250.00 well worth it.

can you tell me more about TFI, How does it work, set up, cost.
thanks
booquick

ALL harleys are LEAN..... WAY TOO LEAN right from the get-go..

EPA doesn't allow for the best fuel mix ratio to make the power that the bike is capable....

By installing slip-on exhaust and better AIR cleaner (more air) the bikes computer can't give enough fuel mix... HARLEYS are always TOO LEAN a fuel mixture and what you JUST added(stage one) to increase performance,,, made the system LEANER (worse) than it was to start with...

The TFI from dobeckperformance.com..... will allow MORE fuel mix when needed to make up for putting stage one parts on, to improve performance....

I installed TFI on my FLHR09 and with the FULL stage one (pipes n air) adjusted it to the settings that come with the EASY directions and kit... RIGHT ON THE MARK.... the suggested settings worked the best for my bike and i did try a few different settings BUT the sug. ones worked the best...

HOW IT WORKS::
here is the fuel HD gives the bike..= #*#* ....... dobeck gives the bike MORE when needed= *#*#* JUST ENOUGH MORE TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE AND RUN COOLER.... tfi improves the TOTAL performance!

IT is much more HIGH TECH than THAT but easy to understand the simple way i described.......

MY 09 FLHR got 48 miles per gal RUNNING on HD's setting, lean and HOT (lean makes engine run HOT). AFTER installing the TFI and setting per instructions and I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH MORE POWER AND running COOLER than before... IT was like a whole different bike... and still getting 45/46 mi.per gal.

The TFI will increase the TOO LEAN condition on the harley.. with OR without modifications made on the bike.(hd is way too lean to start with)

Settings are easy to understand and adjust with a screw-driver and dobeck offers you to call the tec who is READY to answer questions IF ANY...
That is the way I see HOW IT WORKS.... SIMPLE

signed....BUBBIE

BUBBIE
2010 and 2009 can and will as long as it is not extreme pipes
HD made changes for the those years it will bring it right back to stock air to fuel.
Now if you go to wide open pipes or TD headers then it will not

YES you are right

here comes the BUT ::: in MY opinion the harley fuel mixture (stock air to fuel) is just WAY too lean to start with and adding fuel is needed even if kept stock off the show room floor....

On my 09, it ran ok stock and on stage one BUT just OK (too lean n HOT)

when I installed the TFI a BIG DIFFERENCE was felt in the seat of the pants TOTALLY MORE POWER in EVERY GEAR... LESS heat from motor noticed on pant-leg and at stop lights.

Also noticed in 3th/4th gears the bike pulled quicker and a lot faster of which i never felt before installing the TFI.. (it just wasn't there before)

I did notice the exhaust running COOLER with the fuel RICHER and the 02's sensors taken out (wires looped-pluged) necessary when install TFI

signed....BUBBIE

YES you are right

and the 02's sensors taken out (wires looped-pluged) necessary when install TFI

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie help me understand. You leave the O2 sensor physically installed but unplugged. What do you do with the open plugs going to the ECM?
I thought the TFI only goes in series with the 2 injectors?
Tks!

And all without the ECM throwing a code that the O2 sensors are at a fixed value and not changing?
Pretty cool I must say.

I would have figured the ECM would post a code...:p

Wow. Ya know when you think about it, it seems it would "have" to throw a code. The 02 sensors are missing from the system or at least have some fixed value. I wonder how it gets around throwing a code..

Questions like this bug the heck out of me. I wish I could just accept the fact that something works. I loose more friends from always asking WHY..:p

Back