free website stats program dead bike on 2004 sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

dead bike on 2004 sportster

aarionlee

I bought a bad boy air horn for my bike. The package said hook it to your existing horn wires. I did this (without reading the instructions) the horn I blew a couple3 3 times sounded like crap switched the wires tried it again same thing. Tried the horn on my car worked fine. After reading the instructions there is a relay that has to be installed with the horn. I called the yhorn company and they had no answers for me. THE PROBLEM: When I turn my key on accessory the speedometer lights up no headlights, when I turn the key to run everything goes dead. I took the battery out and put it on charge overnight, checked all the fuses under the seat, and it is still dead. When I hook the battery charger/starter to the bike I get power when the key is in the run position but the starter just clicks. Also the light on the speedometer surges with the charger hooked to the bike. Am I missing a fuse somewhere that may be hid or could I have shorted out a relay? as I said all fuses including the big maxi fuse is good. Got a big riding weekend this weekend, and need to get back on the road as quick as possible. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ouch!! Do you have a electrical diagram for the bike. Its possible the draw of the horn may have caused other problems and possibly melted harness.

I took off the tank. I have a diagram in the process now of seeing what is what. There is one harness connection under the tank I unplugged it and now getting power when key is in the run position. Just won't roll over acts like an almost dead battery when I hit the starter switch. going to try and figure out what those wires are, I would say it's in there somewhere. I guess my road name of gremlin suits me. lol

Battery terminal is cracked and battery failed a load test. getting a new one tomorrow and got my fingers crossed.:)

Battery terminal is cracked and battery failed a load test. getting a new one tomorrow and got my fingers crossed.:)

This would be a great ending to a sudden problem.. Maybe the power of the horn put the battery over the edge......:s

This would be a great ending to a sudden problem.. Maybe the power of the horn put the battery over the edge......:s

Exactly what happened. New battery fixed the problem been running over a week no problems.:D lesson learned, always read instructions first. Battery was weak.

Back