free website stats program "De- Noiding" your 1125's | Harley Davidson Forums

"De- Noiding" your 1125's

Baggh

Have your 1125's just been cutting off? Not sure how many of you experienced this BUT it is very dangerous. About once or twice per 100 miles my bike would just shut itself down. Usually it happens when you really hit it (while in lower RPM's) or are coming to a stop with the clutch pulled in.

I told my local HD dealer about this problem when I took it in for it's 620 mile service. They had no idea what I was talking about... to their credit they ran all kind of diagnostics on it (took them abotu 1.5 hours which they didn't charge me). They said everything looked great... couldn't duplicate the problem.

I thought that I had to live with the "stalling" problem which really stunk and had me side eyeballing my bike with some disgust... and swearing at Erik... but the other day I was surfing the internet for general 1125 info during lunch and found this...

removing the active intake solenoid - BuelletinBoard

Problem fixed! the above link goes into a step by step on how to "de-noid" your bike. I removed the solenoid (its still connected to the wire coiled up under the seat at the moment until my Buell resistor gets in). I rode for 200 miles yesterday without 1 stall :)

Baggh, first of all welcome back, have not heard from you in quite a while. May I ask what the purpose of the "Active Intake Solenoid" and to me this is a dangerous bit if it shuts down the party on heavy acceleration...is there a service bulletin mandating this safety issue? :small3d015:

Thanks NewHD and Hobbit :)

NewHD... from what I understand the solenoid is an emmisions requirement. When the CO2 #'s get iffy upon heavy accel or de~accel the solenoid kicks in to open up your butterflies to allow more air to even out the CO2 mixture (to make it more enviro friendly I guess). Hobbit may have a much more accurate description...?

Everything I read states that removing the solenoid does nothing to harm your bike... warranty... ? If my HD dealer had a problem with my removing the solenoid I would do my best to... well.. do something because I'd rather remove the solenoid than have my bike stall on me. That is a serious issue... if you are pulling out\ pullin in\ passing\ etc that stall could be your last :(

I talked to my dealer about it and they stated to print out\ bring in any literature about the issue... that they may remove the solenoid for me. I decided to do it myself.

By the way, also a long time since I heard about the Noid...was it the guy who stole Domino's pizza's (actually I would let him) as I don't care for them...JMO.:20:

Did have a great time at the local August Summerfest at the local HD dealer in Camarillo...over a 1,000 bikes out there and the IN & OUT burgers hit the spot with the free lemonade and taking it all in. Anyone see a seat made with "Stingray Leather"...seems pretty radical, but the literally pebblegrain finish is like micro indian beads, very colorful and tough.:D

Don't mind me...its' late, gett'in punchy and my mind was wandering...:52:

Last edited:
Back