free website stats program Daytona Twin Tech??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Daytona Twin Tech???

I just installed the 2 into 2 Big Radius from Vance and Hines. I have not been running the bike since due to fuel/air ratio being off now. I am going to get the SE intake kit and I am looking at the Daytona Twin Tech system. I know this post should go under the electrical part of the site but I wanted some info from the ones who have the same bike I do. I have a 2006 FLHX. All is stock right now except for the new exhaust. I would like some feed back about the Daytona company. I saw them a few years back in Daytona. Their pitch to me then was pretty good and I almost bought one for my bike at the time. Pros and cons welcome and any other suggestions welcome on how to help my bike run the best. Thanks, Zach

I have a Twin Scan unit (the old one that plugs into the serial port!). It is a very nice little unit for checking performance specs. on the engine ignition/fueling system. I do not have Daytona's fueler/tuner, but rather have the TFI on my UC. The TFI is very simple and does not require connection to a computer to use.

So it just depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to do a Stage 1 (opening up the huffing and puffing system), you need to add some fuel to compensate for more air. The TFI allows this to be done very simply. But if you want the ability to control the amount of fuel on each cylinder and to adjust the ignition system and tie that into a sniffer, then you will need a Tuner.

My personal feeling on this is that if someone is not going to be heavily modifying the bike with racing cams, head work, maybe even a stroker mod, then a tuner system is WAY overkill for most of us. But it is a matter of personal preference. See here:

EFI Tuner Comparisons - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

I am not going to do anything else to the engine after this. Just cosmetic stuff from here on out. The bike is fast enough for me as it is.

Back