free website stats program daytona twin tec | Harley Davidson Forums

daytona twin tec

fatboytrike

2002 softail start and runs with oem ignition module,but will not start with daytona twin tec or S&S IST ignitions.i followed directions for all settings.any thoughts why this is happening

2002 softail start and runs with oem ignition module,but will not start with daytona twin tec or S&S IST ignitions.i followed directions for all settings.any thoughts why this is happening

Try calling their Tech Service group and getting help directly.

TQ

called twin tec; suggested cs sensor or mapp sensor. replaced css-70 bucks.unplug mapp sensor and bike proceds to run rough. my guess is that it is ok. bike starts great cold with the oem. it is when it is hot i have problems and thats why i want to try the other ignitions.

The members here tend to go with something that has worked for other members and has great tech. support. Dobeck is a member of our forum and has a site here that will answer questions that are posted. I'm not knocking your twin-tec, I have just seen many members install the Dobeck units and come away with just what they wanted. Members here also get a discount from Dobeck.

Wow, that stinks. I have an '02 with the S&S IST, and it runs great. Make sure you post the reasons things aren't working for you, curious.

Back