free website stats program Daytona Biketoberfest? | Harley Davidson Forums

Daytona Biketoberfest?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I'm starting to think about heading down to Daytona next month for Biketoberfest but I've never been to any multi day event or rally of any kind before.

What exactly do you do all day? Is it like an open air bike show with lots of vendors attending and with good discounts on products? Or is it a beer guzzling, wet T shirt contest, loud pipe showing off, tire burnouts kind of free for all?

Do the hotels jack up their rates that week? Are the campgrounds mud pits after the hurricane season? Cops hassling bikers?

Thanks for any info!!

There are a few things you can do. Most people (especially the first time) go to Main Street which is in downtown Daytona. They block off the street for just bikes and it's fender to fender traffic once you are on that road. On both sides of the street, bikes are parked side by side allll the way down so you just have to find a spot and squeeze in if you want to park there.

You will find that people flood the walk ways on both sides and there are many bars which have live bands and of course many shops that are selling motorcycle stuff.

All around the whole area are people on bikes going to and fro and just taking trips around the area to check people out. There is a loop which many people do and it's detailed on the Biketoberfest website if I remember correctly.

Other options include things like the camp grounds where you park in a big field and just camp out. Next to the field is a big field where it's more like a typical bike show except it has more stuff like oil wrestling and motorcross bike stunts and the like. The Cabbage Patch is a popular site to hit. In the morning when you are in need of a shower, you can pay for a wash in a trailer that's setup.

Of course, there is also the Speedway which has races and a bike show setup in it's own right.

This is just one person's view and I am sure others can chime in as well.

Do a Google search on some Biketoberfest sites.

I'm starting to think about heading down to Daytona next month for Biketoberfest but I've never been to any multi day event or rally of any kind before.

What exactly do you do all day? Is it like an open air bike show with lots of vendors attending and with good discounts on products? Or is it a beer guzzling, wet T shirt contest, loud pipe showing off, tire burnouts kind of free for all?

Do the hotels jack up their rates that week? Are the campgrounds mud pits after the hurricane season? Cops hassling bikers?

Thanks for any info!!

Hey Dr. Doolittle, It is pretty much all the above, but the campgrounds are not mud pits. They are well maintained and kept. It is a hug open air bike show and huge discounts of items. I live in Vero Beach. Only about 1 1/2 hour ride. I have go up every year bikeweek and biketoberfest. If you go, you will have alot of fun. There is pretty much something for everyone (Adult wise) but I have seen families there. I hear the cabbagepatch is a cool place. Never been there myself, but I hear alot about it. If you can't find what you are looking as far as accessories for bikes, then you ain't looking.

There are lots of places to go. They are all spread out all over Daytona. Go down US 1 and you will find Venders on the sides of the road, and downtown main street, and also on us 1 going toward Bruce Rossmeyer's Destination Daytona. Just go you will have fun.

Do the hotels jack up their rates that week? Cops hassling bikers?

Thanks for any info!!

And you wonder why the locals have no problem with Daytona Beach trying to tone-down the Bike Weeks.....

Do the hotels jack up their rates that week? - YES

Are the campgrounds mud pits after the hurricane season? - I don't camp. So I couldn't tell ya. Besides, I'm a local. I just go home.

Cops hassling bikers? - YES. Riding loud thru residential areas gets you a ticket (pay attention to the Quiet Please signs). Same for illegal ape hangers, burn-outs, speeding, lane splitting (around cars), flashing (both men and women), open container, and so on. Daytona WILL tow your bike if it's illegally parked. Once it's on the wrecker, the fee is the same as them towing all the way to impound. I live near the Main Street area and I do call the cops when bikes are illegally parked on my property. I hate to do it, but some people think private property signs don't apply to them. And since it's bike week, they can do whatever they want.

So, if you're with in a mile radius of Main Street, are looking for a parking spot, please don't ignore the private property signs. There are plenty of places to park closer to Main Street. You may have to pay 5 or 10 bucks, but it's cheaper than paying to get your bike out of impound.

Last edited:

Thanks for any info!!

Dr. D,
Check out this web site, lotta good info. Biketoberfest Daytona Beach Florida Like Tlyoungb I live about an hour south of Daytona. I plan on getting up there this year. Let me know if you can make it. I'm on days off the 13th-18th, :D Back to work on the 19th with 0430 wake up. :(

Hey Lance, Maybe I meet you there. You taking the whole week off. Cool.

Just luck that I am off shift that week. :D Let me know what your plans are and we can ride up together or meet up somewhere. I'll PM you with more info.

It actually covers most of central Florida... you ride anywhere in a 50 miles radius and there are bikes everywhere. The Daytona International Speedway also has a lot of stuff going on outside and in the infield. It's cool to ride through the tunnel into the infield if you have never done that. The Bruce Rossmeyer's Harley dealer has a lot of vendors all around and there will be thousands of bikes there. You can park in their lot and they even have a shuttle bus to take you in close to the vendors. Last year it looked like acres of Harleys all parked in these huge lots. There is plenty of things going on and you can spend several days there. Like a prior post just park on main street and watch the circus go by right in front of your eyes.... some things you will like to see and some things you may not!

I gotta do this :D

Take a parade lap around Daytona International Speedway on Friday
night, October 17 in the third annual Monster Dash! This one-of-a-kind
package includes:
• Two parade laps around the track
• Two complimentary beverages
• Party in Sprint FANZONE from 7-9 p.m.
• Souvenir t-shirt
Tickets are only $30 and can be purchased in advance by calling
1-800-PITSHOP or the day of the event at the ticket booth located in the
Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone.

I gotta do this :D

Take a parade lap around Daytona International Speedway on Friday
night, October 17 in the third annual Monster Dash! This one-of-a-kind
package includes:
• Two parade laps around the track
• Two complimentary beverages
• Party in Sprint FANZONE from 7-9 p.m.
• Souvenir t-shirt
Tickets are only $30 and can be purchased in advance by calling
1-800-PITSHOP or the day of the event at the ticket booth located in the
Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone.

Now that sounds like alot of fun. I migh just have to try that.

Back