free website stats program Daytona bike week | Harley Davidson Forums

Daytona bike week

fatbryan

My wife and i are planning on going in march, weve never been and really looking forward to it. Been looking around places to stay, to say the least im CONFUSED. Want to be around the action and have no idea. Can any one give us some suggestions on where to stay and things to see. thank you bryan.

I have camped at the KOA on South Nova the past 2 times I went down to Bike Week. It is not far from Main Street or the Race track. You can take Nova all the way down to US1 to go to the Iron Horse and Destination Daytona. I haven't had a problem there.

I've been 3 times. Stayed at Laquinta. Its just off the interstate on International Speedway Blvd and a 3 minute ride to the speedway. The Winghouse is right next door. Good chow, cold brew and you can walk (crawl if need be) back to your room. Have fun.

Was there in 2008 and stayed at the Emerald Coast right on the beach, was a great place to stay and not far from everything. Hope you have a good time.:D:D:D

Be prepared to pay high prices for your room. I have been twice for this and once for Biketoberfest. Had fun. Be patient too. Crowds are bad in some places [like around dealer areas]. If you get a chance ride along the A1A highway. Watch out for the popo. They like to give out speeding tix and tow your bike. I had a bad [and expensive] expierance with this. Just use comon scence and plan ahead. Also, book your room in advance. Don't go there without a reservation. Chances are you will have a hard time finding a place unless you want to pay mega bucks.

The action at Bike Week happens in many different places. So you will need to make up your mind on the area you want to stay in. There is stuff happening in Ormond Beach, New Symrna Beach, Daytona, Orlando and others.

If you don't mind staying 30 minutes away, The Space Coast, Brevard County, 25 miles south, has lower priced room and easy access to US 1 and 95, Orlando and the beaches, Kennedy Space Center, plus some great riding..

Lots of places to stay, you just need to decide where you want to be...

Back