free website stats program Daytona Bike Week 2012 | Harley Davidson Forums

Daytona Bike Week 2012

brentm

Im hoping to make a trip to Daytona Bike Week next March 9th - 18th, there could be 3 of us travling from Christchurch New Zealand. It would be good to get some feed back from any of locals that attend the week in regards to cheaper accomadation and the main events to attend. we will not be able to ship our bike but could be keen on trying to hire bikes even if it was only for a day or two.

Would also be good to know weather the Bike Week or Biketoberfest is the best event to get too?

Any feed back would be good.

Regards Brent.

If you are making a long trip from NZ, hit Bike Week. Like what Steve says, you can stay north or west of Daytona and find cheaper places to stay. Plus, some of the best riding is west of Daytona, even west of DeLand :)

Check out some local HD dealers that rent bikes, they might even pick you up at Orlando Int Airport and get you on your bikes.

Remember, due to the Daytona 500 date change, Bike Week has changed their dates too.

DAYTONA BIKE WEEK 2012 EVENTS & BIKETOBERFEST 2011 & BIKER BABES

Good luck on your trip!

In a nutshell - Bike Week is bigger but the weather is usually better for Biketoberfest.

JMHO!!!

Brent,

Check out this web site. You can usually find a condo or even a house for rent cheaper than you can get a motel room especially during some of the bigger events. It may take some searching around to fine them though. I've used this on several occasions and have not had any problems.

VRBO is Vacation Rentals By Owner

It was hot in the daytime, and freezing at night, add in a little rain almost every day. Still had a great time. Stayed at Cabbage Patch, they were charging $10 a person a night.

In a nutshell - Bike Week is bigger but the weather is usually better for Biketoberfest.

JMHO!!!

We completely agree. Bike Week is often cold and rainy (from my previous 3 years of experience). However, H-D is usually there for demo rides in the spring, but not in October. I can attest that the weather is great for Biketoberfest (as I type this response from my Daytona balcony during Biketoberfest :s).

Either way, you'll really enjoy it.

Well as far as weather for the WHOLE week October is probably a better bet. But last spring 2011 Bike Week weather on the first Saturday was perfect. Even wearing a leather vest it wasn't hot. Was in the 70's all day.

As far as the best room deal, as said north a west equals less money but with ALL of them you MUST book ahead. The more the better.

Brent; Make your reservations for motel rooms and motorcycle NOW. They fill up quick. Try one of the on line travel sites (travelocity,orbitz, etc) for best rates (they will all be high), and my rule of convenience is within 15 miles of downtown. Any farther than that, you will have to go quite a ways to the next towns.

If you don't mind staying a little further south, about 25 miles for Daytona, try Titusville. It is close enough to Daytona the it's a short ride, close to the Cape and not far from Orlando.

The prices will be MUCH lower than Daytona.

If you don't mind staying a little further south, about 25 miles for Daytona, try Titusville. It is close enough to Daytona the it's a short ride, close to the Cape and not far from Orlando.

The prices will be MUCH lower than Daytona.

Or 30 miles north in Palm Coast we stayed at a brand new Days Inn last year. Several restaurants within walking distance and only around $60 a night.

Back